December 14, 2010

WELCOMING 2011

Hello my friends
*-*
Flowerdisco
from  
here today ;p

The season is getting busier and busier and hardly anytime to craft. 
I had to make this project work for two blogs for lack of time. But, this is good in its own way.
Nilda from The Cuttlebug Spot and Sassy from She's a Sassy Lady will have to share the stage today...wink-wink

Because one of my RESOLUTIONS for the New Year is trying to be more FRUGAL...hehe  I am going to start re-purposing what ever I can just because.

The above frame I bought it 5-6 years ago at the Dollar Store. I bought a green one and a blue one. They measure 5 x 5, kind of a shadow box with a plastic flower inside, but like most things from the dollar store, the glue came apart on this one. I took them both down when my husband re-did the half bath in the fr. I never got rid of the frames because I really liked them and thought to fix it but never did :0 until yesterday morning when I had to make a project for Nildas Cutllebug Spot and Sheila's at Sassy Lady. ha! talk about last minute.... hehehe 

Happy 2011
it will be a gift with a name already :)
Did you realized that the first date next year will be
1-11-11
:p
I did not use the glass part but the frame only.


The cardstock used for the whole project is DCWV embossed with the cuttlebug using a Tim Holtz embossing folder called Patchwork. I am loving these Holtz' folders. They are really neat and the embossing comes out perfect.



The "happy 2011" were cut using A Child Year's font
and the embellishments are from a K&Co chipboard set.


The alpha's are metal brads from J's brand. I purchased them what it seems years and years ago, lol. I cut off the prongs and adhered them with my glue gun. They spell the last name of the recipient.


This is the side view.

I hope you enjoy it!
It is so very cute.


Love you all!
and keep sane during the holidays, lol.

5 comments:

Josie0602 said...

Beautiful frame! I just love coming to visit you! You always have a great project to share!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful frame!!! I just love this project. Thanks for sharing your talent with us today.

Barb Craft said...

Gorgeous frame! I love the embossing!
Barb :)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous - love the embossing and colors!

Abby said...

Precioso!!! Love it!!!