March 16, 2012

The Luck of the Irish


Hi Everyone,

Oh my goodness, it's been so long since I've posted. I have been visiting alot of you though, and I am amazed at your talent ;) Lisa from Lisa's Craft Room here, and it's my turn to design today for Sheila. I really didn't have anything planned but, I did come up with this card, which I think came out cute.

The base of my card is Kraft cardstock. I used a patterned paper that I had in my stash. It was perfect because it has shamrocks/clovers on it. I used decorative scissors on the edge. I used the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge. I cut out the Leprechan and all his accessories at 3". I cut him out on the blackout feature so I could use a Peachy face on him. The wagon is also from the same cartridge, I cut that out at 4". I paper pieced the Leprechan together and added some gold stickles to jazz him up. I also added some to the wagon. I used a circle punch and punched out five circles on gold cardstock to resemble gold. I popped up three of them with dimensionals. I did stitching along the bottom edge of the card.


Now this I must say I am proud of ;) I cut out a shamrock from the same cartridge at 3 1/2" and ran it through my Xyron. I then added twine to it and sprayed it with gold shimmer mist. I also popped it up with dimensionals.






I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. My plan is to get more crafting done, after all, that is my "me" time :)

Thank you all for taking the time out of your busy lives to peek in and comment, and Thank you Sheila for having me again.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun card!! Love the shamrock!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Such a super fun card Lisa, love the twine shamrock, how cute is that! Thanks for sharing with us today.

Lisa said...

Thanks Ladies ;)

Barb Smith said...

Very innovative way to make the shamrock. Great idea!

Barb from Toronto, Canada

TheTulipCollector said...

Oooooh I love the twine around the Shamrock.

TheTulipCollector said...

Oooooh I love the twine around the Shamrock.

papillon digital design said...

This looks cute especially love the way you have used twine. TFS

Anonymous said...

Super cute!