June 21, 2013

A Fourth of July Wreath





















Hi Everyone,

Lisa from Lisa's Craft Room here for my turn to share a project for She's a Sassy Lady. Thanks Sheila for having me each month. I decided to use the last small grapevine wreath I had to make a Fourth of July wreath since I didn't have anything Patriotic to hang on my door. I have a wooden heart and a wooden star that are Patriotic, but not big enough for the door.











I started off with the grapevine wreath and a roll of burlap that I bought a while ago. I ordered it online and when it came in, it wasn't what I expected, but it came in handy to cover the wreath.














This is the wreath all wrapped up.












I used the rolled flower die from Emma http://www.creativetimeforme.com and cut 3 of each red, white and blue from card stock.








Here they are all rolled up. After rolling them up, I added some hot glue to the bottom to hold it together. Then I hot glued them to the wreath.
I added a red, white and blue ribbon that I had in my stash, tied to hang and a couple of bows.

















And there you have it, just a little something to hang on my door for the Fourth of July.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lisa this is just adorable and a wonderful way to bring color into our 4th of July festivities. Thank you for sharing today!

Karon said...

This is fabulous, Lisa - love it! TFS

Java Jen's Creations said...

Beautiful project!! So fun and festive!! This inspires me to try making one of my own!! Thanks for sharing!

Boopster said...

Thanks for sharing a great idea for our National day. The burlap is a subtle salute to our humble beginnings, while the colors bring it all home. Great job!