July 17, 2013

Simply Stampin N Scrapin ~ Two Easy Layouts

Hello! This is Donna Lee from <a href="http://stampinnscrapinwithdonnalee.wordpress.com/">StampinnscrapinWithDonnaLee</a> and I am thrilled to be here to share two simple scrapbook layouts with you!



The first layout is 8.5x11 and was made using what was on my Scrapin Island. I used a Stampin wheel for my borders. Simply roll the Stampin wheel in your ink and roll onto your card stock. 


Next I found a Nestabilities DieCut and a scrap of pink card stock to use behind my photo.


I adore my Cuttlebug and have gotten my $ worth out of it. In my opinion it's one of best deals for a die cut machine out on the market still today. You can see it cuts perfectly.


I found a 6X6 paper stack at Hobby Lobby called Madeline that adore! I found this sheet and ripped the edge off, then inked and distressed the edges. I added the die cut after applying some chalk ink to the edges and then adhered everything together, including my photo.


Embellishments took some digging under piles of papers but alas I did find these flowers from Stampin Up that would work with my colors.

I had this ribbon left on my Scrapin Island that did not get used for a different project. I think it's made by May Arts. I love the color and texture it adds to this layout! I found a little box from Michaels/Recollections that had some clear bling left in it to use.  A scrap of light blue card stock is my journaling spot to document this page. I do not feel that each page needs a story journaled. Simple captions and the year is perfect for most of my single photo layouts. If there is a story to tell I will often type it out in a word processing program and then print it on the back of my layout before I get started adhering everything. 

So I had another photo that I wanted to scrapbook for my grand daughters album and decided to use this same layout but on a larger scale. This time I decided to use my Cricut Expression, Gypsy, and Close To My Heart Artiste Cricut cartridge.

I cut one of the flowers on page 57 at .75 inches tall out of several small pieces of double sided paper. Its a great way to use up scraps of your favorite papers and keep them in a handy place for future use!

This cartridge cuts at such small sizes with great detail. I adore it and can't wait to get my hands on the new Art Booking Cricut Bundle from Close To My Heart that will be available to order on August 1st! More details about that later!

Here are three of the 5 flowers I cut and rolled. I added some leaves using a Two Way Bird Punch and some pearls for extra little elegance! I adore these flowers and they are SO easy to cut, assemble and put on your cards or scrapbook layouts using a glue dot or liquid adhesive.

Here are two more flowers from the Artiste cartridge. You can see that one of these is rolled more loose so that I could add the bling to the inside of it. Super easy to make your own flowers and add some pearls or bling to dress it up. 

Again I used the two way bird punch for my leaves and added some chalk to them.

I used my Nestabilities die cut and Cuttlebug again, the same ribbon, and more scraps from my Scrapin Island to wrap up a page for my grand daughters scrapbook.

The paper is from the same Madeline Paper Stack from Hobby Lobby and I used the same Stampin Wheel as in the first layout. Being that these 2 layouts will be in two different scrapbooks it did not bother me to repeat the same layout design. I was done with both pages in 90 minutes, which is pretty quick for me!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a blessed and crafty day!

Donna Lee

5 comments:

Ladybug said...

Beautiful LO's. Love the trim! :-)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow! I just love your layouts and look at you go with the Nestabilities... you really make them work for you! Thanks for sharing today!

Karon said...

Two beautiful LO`s ! TFS

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layouts! Thank you for all the detailed instructions! Love how you used what was available!

Boopster said...

For some reason, attractive scrapbook layouts elude me. THANK you for the step-by-step directions. Your pages are so sweet and eye-catching.