August 29, 2013

Fall Note Cards Featuring Artbooking Cricut Collection

Hi, this Donna Lee from StampinNScrapinWithDonnaLee.wordpress.com http://stampinnscrapinwithdonnalee.wordpress.com/. Thank you Sheila at She's A Sassy Lady for allowing me to share two fall cards that were very easy to make!

It's so much fun to create two quick cards using the Artbooking Cricut Collection from Close To My Heart. I am not done playing with this jewel of a cartridge, so many cuts and so little time!

I started with the Overlay feature on page 72 and set the size to 4".  I cut 2 of these so I could make a Thanksgiving card and a general greeting card. 

I used some thick card stock from DCWV. My Expression was set at Max speed, Max Pressure, and the blade set at 6.  You can use Cricut Craft Room or just use the cartridge in your Cricut. 

They cut perfectly and are ready to put on our card fronts!

Next I choose two different titles from this fabulous cartridge.  I choose the Hello title that is on page 51 and its cut at .75" using Real Dial Size.

The next  greeting is from page 72 and is cut at 1" using Real Dial Size. 

These were cut using some Craft Core card stock from Tim Holtz. Look how perfectly they turned out.

For the base of my cards I again used some printed heavy cards stock from DCWV.  I cut one card at 4"X8" and the other at 4.25"X8.5". When I make more of these I will use the 4.25"X8.5" size. 


I used Tombow Mono Multi Adhesive liquid glue to adhere the overlays and my sentiments to the front of my cards. Above is the 4"X8" card base. I ended up having to trim 1/16" off the height and the width to make this work. So if you want to have a 4X4 card cut your overlay at 3.75". 


Above is the 4.25"X4.25" finished card size. I like the small border all the around the overlay. There is so much more to do with this overlay and the extra tree image that can be cut! I kept the card very basic and will decorate the insides using layers of this gorgeous paper and a little stamping once I know who I am going to give it to.

Thanks for stopping by My Stampin N Scrapin Studio today. I hope you are inspired to get creative this holiday weekend! Fall is right around the corner so take a little crafting time to create a few Fall cards for those that you might not see over Thanksgiving.

Enjoy a safe and happy Labor Day with friends and family.  Hope you get some additional craft time in! 

7 comments:

Karon said...

These are so pretty - thanks for sharing the tutorial.

Sonya said...

Awesome cards...love them!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love these cards.... I have been looing at that cut and thinking of making a crd but you beat me to it! LOOKS WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing today.

Java Jen's Creations said...

These are great cards!! I just ordered Artbooking and I can't wait to get started making awesome projects like these!! Thanks for the great tutorial!!

Leah said...

Such pretty cards! That tree overlay is just perfect for this time of year. TFS!

Unknown said...

OK you ladies are really tempting me with this cartridge!!! Your card is darling. I have not purchased a cartridge or updated my Gypsy in over a year (mad at PC) and purchased a cameo. I still use my cricuts but have been boycotting them.....until maybe now!!!! Darn you :)

I see a ton of potential with this cartridge!!!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Gorgeous! It's always nice to have extra cards on hand. Thanks for sharing. I love the patterned paper you used.