December 5, 2013

Just Chillin'

Hi Everyone!  It's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail and I'm so excited about the card I'm sharing with you all today.  It's a super cute "winter" card that uses some fun Cricut cuts mixed with an adorable snowman stamp.  Could it get any better--stamping and die cutting all at once?!   

Check it out:


To begin this card, I cut out the snowglobe image from Cricut Joys of the Season.  That's an older Cricut Cartridge, but it has a lot of great "basics" for the holiday season on it.  I omitted the layer that creates the snowflakes, and just used a sheet of snowflake paper instead--saved time and used some paper that matched my striped paper perfectly!  I cut my globe at 4 inches.  To keep it from getting lost in the print of the background paper, I did cut the shadow out, too.  It's a smaller shadow, though, so it didn't add too much to the height of the shape.  The small piece with the sentiment stamped on it is from Cricut Art Philosophy and is cut at one inch.


I thought you might like to see these stamped images a little closer.  The snowman is from Paper Trey Ink and is from Winter Friendship Jar Fillers.  The greeting is from My Craft Spot "Think Snow".  I used Copics to color the snowman and then used my Cutterbee Scissors to "fussy cut" him out.

Other supplies used:
Cardstock -- Stampin' UP!
Patterned Paper -- DCWV
Baker's Twine -- Stampin' UP!
Brad -- no clue, it's really old!
Stickles -- to accent the snowy bits.

I actually made six of these cards when I sat down to create this design.  It was easy once I had done the initial template.  I like to create cards in batches of six.  It usually works well with a sheet or two of patterned paper and it's just the right amount to build up your stash of cards without getting bored!  How many cards do you make at one time if you are creating in bulk?

I won't be back until January...so have a wonderful holiday season and a great start to the new year!

Hugs,
Sonya



3 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Such a cute, cute card. Great job. TFS and Merry Christmas to you too.

Boopster said...

Great idea to use the snowflake paper. Thanks for the "recipe".

Karon said...

Sonya - love this card, that snowman and globe is just wonderful! TFS