May 7, 2011

Gypsy Made Simple - Welding Numbers To Make Cards

Isn't this card just adorable? And it is so easy when you let your Gypsy do the work! I had a birthday coming up for a wonderful friend of mine that most of you know.... Melissa of Melissa Made on the 4th of this month. Well after her putting up with me in Dallas as my room mate you know I had to make a special card just for her! It had to be sweet and feminine as she is so this is what I came up with....



She is sweet and feminine so I picked out some wonderful paper from K and Company that fits her sweet personality. Isn't it yummy?
I readied my mat and cut all the papers on my Cricut.
I scored the card and then glued the lining of the inside of the card so that it was ready to stamp on my sentiment and a personal little note to Melissa for her big day.
I used foam tape on the back of the number three which imediately added dimension to the card.
Then I used a thick pop dot for the back of the number five so it would lift even higher that the three. I placed a lot on as I wanted a nice secure card as I was giving the card to a wonderful card designer.

I just love how this card is coming together, but lets add a little bling to it to give it that finished look.
Oh wow look how much nicer it looks with a little stickles added. I know it will look so much better when it dries.
Now that looks wonderful, see how the stickles even add dimension... I love it I sure hope Melissa will.
Well that is it for today, I sure hope you like this little card and give it a try on your own. I challenge you today to make a card using your Gypsy with welding either numbers or letters together. When completed please link it up so we can see your beautiful design.
I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Thanks for your sweet sweet word of encouragement. Your coments continue to inspire me to keep sharing.
signature

7 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Love it!!!!!!

Stacy said...

Sheila,
Super cute project. I love this! I have the same ringer as you so I was looking for my phone when yours rang..
Your new camera looks great, it shows the Gypsy really well.
Ok, off to go play
Hugs
Stacy

Bamabel said...

This is so cute!!!

Charlene said...

Hi Sheila,
Just wanted to say thanks for showing us how to weld so easily! I love your Gypsy tuts. Your card turned out too cute!
thanks again,
SouthernMrs

MaryNSC said...

O wow I M so glad Stacy shared this I just Love it Thank U I m going to try it tomorrow to.. THANK UUU

Larelyn said...

You are just so darn clever! You are definitely the Gypsy Queen. This card is adorable and I'm sure she'll love it.
Hugs,

Unknown said...

I thought I was loosing it until I read your comment on my blog!!! I did not remember posting my card!!! Thanks for taking the initiative :o)

Love your tutorials!!!

Happy, Happy Mother's Day my Gypsy friend!!