July 27, 2011

Once Upon a Springtime Gazebo Mini Album Pic Heavy



Hi everyone, Beth here from Thunderbirdlindybydesign.  Today I wanted to show you a project I have been working on, off and on for several month's.  I started it awhile ago and decided to finish it so I could post it today as my project.  I can't really show you how I made the gazebo or the mini album because I used a pattern I purchased from Laura Denison from Follow the Paper Trail.  The pattern is called Hexagon Box Mini Album and can be purchased here if you so desire.  I wanted to add that I am in no way associated with Laura, and do not get any monetary gain from this.  I just love her patterns.  Anyway.  I used only one Cricut cartridge on this project and that was Serenade for the flowers, ivy and butterflies on the roof of the Gazebo.  I also used the Once Upon a Springtime paper from Graphic 45.   Most of the other elements I either hand cut or used paper punches on.

The walls of the gazebo are acetate and the fairy images peek through.



Here is the roof with all the cuts I did using Seranade.


The Roof lifts off to reveal the mini album/albums inside.


There is enough room in the album for 42 pictures, 14 per Gazebo side.


Here is the roof off.

Several Pics of the pages. 

Cut outs using the Paper pad. 




The Album has 9 pockets. 

Here is a close up of the images behind the acetate. 



To be truthful, I loved the way this turned out, but was not to keen on the colors once they came together, not enough contrast.  I am maybe, possibly, perhaps thinking that I might try this again with bolder colors, or not:)

A big Thank You to Sheila for allowing me to be a guest designer today.  Until next month,

Beth

18 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beth this is just adorable. So much detail where ever you look that you want to keep looking over and over again! What a treasure piece this will be in your home when it is loaded with photos. I just love it. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Carla's Cards said...

This is just plain awesome!

RockinRenee said...

What a fantastic project! TFS!

CathyinMN said...

Beth, your project is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! Thanks for sharing it with us.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Gorgeous project and I love that Graphic 45 paper!!! Beautiful!
hugs,
M

Vickie_M said...

It is gorgeous. You did a fabulous job. I love Laura's designs and have many of them including that one. You have inspired me to get to work.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

WOW.. this is just beautiful.

Java Jen's Creations said...

What an elegant project!! I actually love the colors but it would also look great with other color schemes as well. So much beautiful detail makes this such a pleasure to look at!! Great job! Thanks for sharing this!

Bamabel said...

Wow! That is amazingly gorgeous!!!!

Unknown said...

WOW! This is amazing!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

WOWZA....This is one beautiful project. :)

Nanne said...

Oh wow!! that is amazing and so beautifully made.. very clever as well..
Hugs
Nanné

Dan and Heather said...

Beautiful is all I can think of when I look at this album! Love the colors and the papers. TFS

Anonymous said...

Amazing this is gorgeous. Love the detail. TFS
Sue

Audrey Frelx said...

AMAZING! FABULOUS! GORGEOUS!!!

I could go on and on!!! I absolute love this and can't wait to give it a try!

Thanks for much for sharing your beautiful project (all of them)!!!

Cricut Couple said...

Good Lord, Beth!!! What could I possibly say about this? Speechless!!! Holy Cow!

SherriC. said...

wow wow wow Beth!!!!
this is just beautiful!!!!
thank yo so much for sharing...

Anonymous said...

Stunning.. You should enter it into the No Cards or Layouts Monday Challenge at http://www.scrappinwithcricut.com/2011/07/no-cards-or-layouts-monday-challenge-5.html