June 8, 2012

Just a Note.....

Wow! It is hard to believe that June is finally here! I love teaching, but I love summer break as well! Time to play means time with friends; thank you Sassy Lady for allowing me to play with you on your Blog! 

Because it is soon to be summer, the need for bright, happy summer colors was imperative! 
Sending "Just a Note" to someone this summer could just brighten their day. And can make one, too!


Design House Digitals Paper : Cherry Limade
My Thoughts Exactly Stamps: Just a Note "Big Thoughts"
Kaleidoscope Creator Software (KK3)
Assorted glue
ribbon
  • I started with a picture from my photo library of all things, "Peeps". (It was colorful and made me smile!) Using the KK3 software I selected the "Feathers" add on and brought in the photo. 

  • In the image above, the center section shows my photo and the feathers template. the preview pane to the right shows the kaleidoscope. Beneath it is the color I chose for the background. 
  • I selected File: Save: Kaleidoscope and set the size to 3" square. (You can change this to any size you need!)
  • Set up your cuts for the Card Map according to your desired method. I use Make the Cut Software. 
  • Here are suggestions for various software/ cutting machines:
    • Make the Cut: Use the texture feature and fill the shapes from the card. For the kaleidoscope: Import : pixel trace: set threshold to 255. 
    • Cricut machines: Print paper from home printer in 6" squares. Use Cricut Craft Room or your Gypsy to replicate the shapes of the card. Cut from paper squares. 
    • Manually cut shapes from paper. 
  • Assemble card and stamp. Lace ribbon through holes. 
Would you like to use my kaleidoscope, too? You can download the summerfun.PNG file by clicking here. 
This design is a free gift from me to you. Please give me credit if you use it and do not use it for resale. Thank you for respecting this! 

Thanks for sharing a few moments of your soon to be summer with me! 

9 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and design! Great work!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@gmail.com

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous colors on this!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful card. I love the bright colors and the design on this... love the stitching effect with the ribbon. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Lisa said...

Beautiful card, love the colors, very cheerful.

Migdalia said...

Lovely card!!!Fabulous colors!

Unknown said...

Awesome kalidescope design!!! Great card!

Java Jen's Creations said...

What a lovely card with such a beautiful color combination!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Wow I learn something new!! great kaleidoscope design!!

Nicole said...

Great card and gorgeous colors!!