June 26, 2012

Sandal Mini Album


Hello everyone.....
Sherri here from Sherri's Crafty Place how have you all been....
some of you may have noticed I have been MIA for quite a while....you can head to my blog for a little update on what has been going on in my world....

I would like to Thank Sheila for being so patient with me and giving me this time to heal.....
 so for my project today, I have made a mini album.....a Sandal....sooo cute!!!
my album is 6 1/2 in. by 4 in.
using cereal boxes I cut out a sandal for the first and last page(don't forget to flip 1 of your images for the last page)
Then I cut 2 in black card stock
 now glue it together, I used Scotch's Quick Dry
 next, I chose some patterned paper( from my stash) and inked all my edges...
 using my crop-a-dile big bite I punched holes in every layer
                     
I used binder rings to join it together
 so so so cute.....now to embellish....
a quick peak at some of the inside pages 

 Some embellishment, all from Life's A Beach Cartridge
putting embellishments together, fun fun fun 
 All done....now to show off my pages...lol

  the inner pages...all ready for pictures and journaling
 the leaves are pop dotted and only at the bottom so I can get a picture in there

 stickles on the crabs arms, no project is complete without some stickles..
 the sun and the surf board are from Luau

I had a another idea for this book, it would be a fun notebook too, just fill it full of blank paper, and maybe put the binder rings at the top.....

Thank you so much for stopping by today,

* I will be posting the Gypsy File for this project, but boy have I been having some Gypsy Issues......I did the update a while ago, and tried to use it the other day....an hour and a half later, with the help of the SWEETEST csa from Cricut we got it working....but today trying to cut this file....trouble trouble trouble, it keeps cutting the top of my sandal!!!!! so I want to re-do the file so no one has to waste as much paper as I did today...... so check back near the end of the week on my blog for the file to make your own!!!!

❀Sherri❀

11 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Oh Sherri, this is as cute as can be! Love the shape and look at those bright colors! What a great tutorial too. Thanks for sharing this great mini with us today.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a fun idea for an album..

Sarah said...

Good idea for a shaped mini! Great job!

Migdalia said...

This is so beautiful!!!!Love it!Sytopped by your blogand became a follower.Would you know if there other carts that might carry the flip flop image?I do not own Life's a beach and feeling sad about that..LOL
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

Sherri, so sorry for your loss. Glad your father got you the adorable puppy to help you remember his love for you.

Your album is adorable! Thanks for sharing the details. You've inspired me!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

This is such a fabulous project. I love the whole concept. TFS

Java Jen's Creations said...

Oh, I LOVE this mini!! I love using cereal box chipboard! It is perfect for mini album covers! You did a fantastic job!! So glad you're back here!! Take care!

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Super cute summer project.

Yoshiras time to craft said...

really cute shape mini.love the die cuts.

Nicole said...

This is a great project!! I will definitely have to try it!

Unknown said...

This is so stinkin' cute Sherri!!!!