November 13, 2012

Masculine Happy Birthday Card


Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth at 217 Creations. It always seems that I need to have birthday cards on hand.  With 3 boys, I tend to need more masculine cards.  This card is easy and quick.  I made this card to play along with the challenge at Pink By Design Blog this week. 
This week is "Favorite Pattern".  Looking at this card you may think that may favorite pattern is dots but really its hexagons.  I used dry embossing to make the hexagons.  The folder is a Sizzix Tim Holtz folder.  I love the rugged feel of the embossing; it gives the perfect touch to the card.  The sentiment is from Pink By Design.  The paper is Basic Grey. I added vanilla colored twine and a vintage button to finish off the card.
I hope you enjoyed my card! If you like challenges, here is the link to this one:
CLICK HERE
As always thank you for taking the time to comment and subscribe here at She's A Sassy Lady!


7 comments:

Lisa said...

Very cute card. I always have a hard time with masculine cards. Thanks for sharing.

Karons Krafty Korner said...

A great masculine card - I think we all have a hard time with these types of cards:-) Fabulous.

Unknown said...

What a great "man" card!! I have trouble with these!!! Love the button!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Elizabeth this card is just stunning! I love the masculine look and feel.... I am just starting to make more cards for men and it is hard. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Ashley said...

What a great man card! I love when polka dots can be used even on manly projects. :) Your card would be a great submission for this week's masculine card challenge at Red Carpet Studio!

Ashley
http://redcarpetstudiochallenge.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you for featuring a card for a man! Great work!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@myemc.net

Anonymous said...

Very pretty:)