April 18, 2016

Stitched die cuts SVGs





Hi, everyone, this is Charlotte C.  Thank you, Sheila, for having me visit all of you again.  Recently I was lucky enough to win a gift certificate to Digiplayground and I want to share with you some of what I was able to buy.
Stitched dies are quite the rage nowadays, but a set of 4 or 5 are very costly.  Can you imagine how excited I was to find SVGs that replicate the different shapes and sizes of stitched dies at Digiplayground that I can bring into my Explore or Cameo to create layers for my cards and scrapbook? 
These are the three I now own, and notice that each shape comes in a set of five which makes it perfect for mat layering.   Of course, you can resize to whatever fits your design.  



 


I did find that my Cameo cut faster than the Explore, but both of them had me poking out the stitches on two different brands of card stock.  When I have more time I plan on playing with cut settings on both machines.  However, the gold card stock I used for the layer on the butterfly card below came away from its mat much cleaner.  I used the point of my Xacto knife to poke through where needed and just scraped the back of the die cut to remove the excess; that and some Scotch tape behind the stiches helped.  A little work, but I think for the price, it’s worth it.  They cost $1 a set.
Here’s three cards I quickly put together to show you how the cuts looked.


 The black and white card pivots open.
 Thank you for stopping by today.

0 comments: