February 5, 2011

Gypsy Made Simple - Purses


Isn't this GORGEOUS! Today on Gypsy Made Simple we will make this adorable little purse that your can just to place a gift or gift card in just in time for Valentines day. We will use TBBM, the wonderful FREE cart that we received from Provocraft last month and fussy it up just a little! So get your coffee or tea and turn on you Gypsy because I know you will want to make this with me this morning.
Now wasn't that easy? Just a couple of simple steps and you are ready to go pick out paper and cut. I just received an invitation to a bridal tea so I could make another and place a gift card in it for the bride. Good thing I am ready to cut!

Now to put together you must score it first. Check you positioning before adhering the glue. I would strongly suggest that you use glue so you can manipulate the paper a little easier than if you use tape when connecting the two pieces.
Make sure the line up perfectly.
I placed the glue on my top piece so that it would not get on the scallop and make it look tacky.
Then you can put the purse together. For normal paper I would use the red tape. Obviously this isn't normal paper so I used my Zip Dry Glue as it holds even thick and glittery paper very well.

As you can see it went together very easily. So all I did was punch a hole in the tag and attached it on the purse.
And here is the finished purse once again. Thank you for joining us today. I hope you liked today's Gypsy Made Simple Project. It is such a versatile little purse that can be used for so many gifting ideas and even for collecting.
I challenge you to make a purse on your Gypsy and cut it out, put it together and link it up to Shes A Sassy Lady so we can all see your beautiful creations. I know you will find this really easy to make as it only took me an hour from start to finish so I expect to see many purses linked.
A big thank you to those that linked up last week on the wonderful Gate card.  I was so excited with your card and the variety of designs based on the basic card. You are all so talented, thank you for playing along.
Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement. Your words continue to inspire me to share with you.
signature

10 comments:

papillon digital design said...

Beautiful little purse sassy. Like it. It's so elegant!

Brenda said...

Awesome....you are really making me want the gypsy...all the amazing projects you do...need to get back to work been off since July...joy!!!!
hugs
Brenda

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, this little purse is just beautiful!!! I love the swirls and all the little gold stars! What a wonderful project!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

oh oh oh, what a gorgeous purse.. I am trying to get my house back in order so I can play along again.. I so enjoy your videos Shelia.. you are truly amazing.. hugs

Java Jen's Creations said...

Love this purse!! So beautiful!! I'm going to link up a purse I made awhile back to hold some 3x3 note cards!

Stacy said...

Sheila,
What gal doesn't like a purse? This is a super cute project, and I love your purse.
Hugs
Stacy

Larelyn said...

Oh so cute! I love purses and yours always have a special flair. I've been sending my new-to-gypsy friends your way, telling them there's no better place to learn than with Sheila's Gypsy Made Simple. Thank you for being our mentor and sharing your wonderful talent.
Hugs,

Sandi Clarkson said...

I love purses and treat bags ..made a cute one this week that I will post next week. Love the scallop on this one!

Angi Barrs said...

This is the cutest purse ever. Love it. :)

Bamabel said...

How adorable! I love purses!