January 14, 2014

I'm On Cloud Nine


Howdy - Adrienne from Eagle Canyon Arts and tickled pink to be here.  Many thanks to Sheila for including me in the Sassy Lady design team. 

January heralds the beginning of the promise of Spring.  Although there are a few more months of winter, that promise is out there, under the frost line.  Just like there are clean work surfaces under the explosion that happened in my craft room over the holidays.
"The Miami Sound Machine exploded all over here"
Once I got the tissue paper and greeting cards put away, I was ready to get down to work.  January is ALSO National Papercrafting Month and Close To My Heart is celebrating with a special Cloud Nine cardmaking kit (CC1026).  The exclusive Cloud Nine cardmaking kit is $15 (retail value $46) with a qualifying purchase of $35 or more (excluding tax and shipping) during January in celebration of National Papercrafting Month.
Cloud Nine Cardmaking Kit
The kit makes 10 adorable cards (2 each of 5 designs).  It includes everything needed except Exclusive stamping inks - Sunset (Z2191) and Lagoon (Z2195) As with all CTMH kits, instructions are provided for cutting paper, stamping and placing embellishments.
Cutting and assembly instructions
The base shapes (die cuts) used under the stamps are provided on a pre-cut page, which is nice.  These die cut shapes may also be found on the Cricut Artiste cartridge (Z1790) for future projects.
Cricut Artiste shape information
The sizes and page notes are provided on the stamp sheet, although I have found in the past it is a good idea to double check sizes for accurate fit.
Putting it all together
Once all the pieces are cut and stamped, it's time for assembly using your adhesive of choice.  Most of the time, I really like my ATG "gun".  For this card, I also used some little 3D squares to raise the stamped sentiment and make it "pop".
Finished Card
There are four more cards in this collection - come back to visit, they may show up in another post.  Thanks for joining me on this project.  If you have any questions or comments, please share them with me.  Adrienne

3 comments:

Karon said...

Wonderful papers and colours. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Colorful and fun card!

Author:Brenda Lee Ayala Parrilla said...

BEAUTIFUL!