January 2, 2014

Your kindness warms my heart...

Hi Everyone!  It's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail and I want to take a few minutes to share a couple of my 2014 craft goals with you.  My first and major goal for the year is to shop my own scrapbook room before I shop in stores.  I have a lot of beautiful supplies and I really hope to make a dent in the stacks of paper that I have collected over the years.  In my projects this year, you will see older products mixed in with more recent purchases.  I hope you will be inspired to look at your older supplies in a new light and join me in this goal.  

My second goal is one I'm repeating from 2013.  In 2013, I made and shared a new holiday greeting card each month.  I've mentioned this goal with Sheila and this year....I'm sharing my monthly holiday card right here with you.  So the first Thursday of each month, you will see a fresh Christmas card right here at She's a Sassy Lady.  I hope you'll be motivated to create your holiday cards along with me so that you're all set with a great supply of cards by the time December rolls around.  Just didn't want you to think I was crazy when July rolls around and I'm still sharing snowmen and jingle bells, LOL!   

Here's the first one I'm sharing with you this year:


This is such a simple card, but I think the image definitely is worthy of being the focal point of this sweet card.  The stamps are by SP&Company and the set is called "Snow Much Fun".  The papers are by DCWV, from the "Winter Basics" 6 by 6 inch paper pad.  I colored the image with Copics.  The sentiment is on a shape cut on the Silhouette Cameo.  The silver snowflake and brad are from my stash and have been around for a long time. 

Here's a close up for you of my coloring and this adorable image.  I used a lot of Stickles in the snow on this card--sure adds a nice little extra touch of bling!

What are your craft goals for this year?  

I hope you have a very Happy 2014!

Hugs,
Sonya


7 comments:

Karon said...

This is wonderful Sonya, and I love the idea of doing a holiday card each month. Fabulous image. TFS

Candy said...

Sweet card and great coloring!

Charlotte C said...

What an adorable image. Good luck with your goals.

Boopster said...

Cute card - love the detailed colors.

Java Jen's Creations said...

What a fantastic idea!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Donna Lee said...

Love it! I am right there with you about shopping in my own craft room before I go anywhere else. I made a possible holiday card today and will share it on my blog tomorrow. TFS!

Unknown said...

Wonderful goals for 2014 Sonya!!! Your card is darling!!!