January 16, 2015

A Baby Shower Card




















Hi Everyone,

It's my turn to share a project this month. Thank you Sheila, as always :)
I am going to a Baby Shower in a few weeks and figured I would have plenty of time to make a card. So I decided on this animal mobile card. Isn't it so cute?
I love how it came out. The base of the card is green card stock, cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". The layer is a lighter green card stock, cut at 5 1/4" x 4".

This was a rough draft on what I wanted it to look like. I ended up changing the sentiments.

















 I used the Create a Critter cartridge and cut the animals out at 1" except for the giraffe, which is cut at 1 1/4". I just added some eyes and mouths with a marker, the lion, I did rough lines to make the mane stand out more. It's a little challenge working on tiny cuts.



















I cut light green yarn into strips to hang the animals from, and glued them down, then I cut two strips of tan card stock and glued them down almost crisscrossed. I used that darling ribbon as a border across the bottom.



















I added some of the same yarn to a light green button, tied it in a knot and glued that down. The sentiments are from Robin of My Pink Stamper.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, have a great day. :)

5 comments:

CathyinMN said...

This is such an adorable baby card! Love it!

DIANA L. said...

Wow this way too cute.

Charlotte C said...

This is just too cute and very clever. Great job, Lisa.

Karon said...

This is such a sweet card. TFS

Unknown said...

Awe - what a sweet card!!