March 4, 2010

All Dressed Up

Don't you just love this Layout? So simple! I have been trying to post a few simple but pretty layouts as a few friends told me they don't have time for the real complex designs. So I thought I could just show you a couple of different looks that are real easy to put together yet hold your eye. I went for drama in the red family layout and this one is of my beautiful grand daughert Brianna. The patterned papers are SEI and the heading is from the new cartridge Forever Young. Those cute little flowers are from George. I scraplifted the look of the flowers from my friend Jen as I just love the way they look! So simple and yet beautiful.
This was only 3 cuts on my Gypsy Woman, the scalloped flowers on left of photo above, the heading and the flowers. All I did was put the flowers together and adhered a couple items to the page. The pink fibre was left over from my Tuesday Treats and ShesASassyLady Shopping With Sass bags. Remember to use Zip Dry to adhere this fibre.
Isn't the fibre pretty? The beads just add such a glam feeling and my little Brianna just loves bling!
See, just another simple layout made with one and a half sheets of patterned SEI paper, one pink and one black sheet of letter sized cardstock and a couple of brads. All I did was put the flowers together and adhered everything to the black and white 12x12 and viola the layout is complete, 15 minutes at my Gypsy planning, 15 minutes to cut and another 15 to put together! So in less than an hour you can complete a layout like this and even have time to clean your workspace!!!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
I sure hope you enjoyed today's layout and do one for yourself with items you have on hand. I love hearing from you and your comments really encourage me.
signature

11 comments:

papillon digital design said...

love the flowers. Brown and pink make such pretty color doesn't it ? come to think of it so does brown and blue. Love the flower layering and all that fibre. Plays up to the dress theme so well. No doubt the crown is yours when you keep coming u with such beautiful layouts

Barb Craft said...

What a little cutie!! I love the way you kept this one simple... I have been doing a few of those myself lately... after all, we can't spend 7 hours on every LO and ever expect to get caught up!!
This is beautiful.. love the fiber!!
Barb :)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Sheila, this is so pretty! Love those flowers, what a nice idea. This picture is just adorable... I love her pose!
Have a happy Thursday!

shari said...

Your layout is beautiful! I love the flowers and the fibers. Shari (cricutrookie)

Anonymous said...

Stunning! So girly - love it.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love it... you are so very creative

Haidee said...

Very cute LO!!!

Magoo said...

I have fibre envy......I'm surprised at how much that one element really adds to the page!!

I'm so glad you keep posting projects like this, you break it down, and it seems possible for me to do something like this ;)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Sheila,this is great! I always love seeing fiber on a layout .. and ooooh, so pretty! Great photo and hey, 15 minutes .. I'm good with that!

Anonymous said...

hey!
this is cool...i love the long fiber and the dangly beads...perfect for the sweetie pie subject!

Sandy said...

The flowers are gorgeous...the pic is precious...I love the fiber and beads...this is perfectly perfect!