October 2, 2010

Gypsy Made Simple - Following A Sketch And Complete a Layout

It's time for a layout and what is the best thing to make a layout of .... To The Beach of course! Today you will learn how to follow a sketch to produce a successful layout on your Gypsy. You will make the layout and then break it out into multiple pages for your cut. You will also learn how to use your Gypsy and Cricut Markers to make outlines on an object (this is optional in your final layout).

This is our little sketch that I did while waiting for my client to arrive at my office. Remember you DO NOT NEED TO USE THE SAME ART all you need to do is have a large circle, title, 2 photos and 2 pieces of art to have a successful rendition of this sketch. Our first video is starting the layout.
I liked my title at the bottom of the page for this sketch. I used all the sketches as worksheets to glue all the little pieces together so this is the only sketch that survived for a photo.

In the second video we continue working on our layout, adding all the little elements and their layers. It is in this video that you will learn how to weld your letters.

On this third video you will learn how to get all your items positioned on separate mats allow with the layers. We are then ready for color positioning so that it is easy to cut.
Here is all my mats all lined up an ready to cut. See how everything is already in position. Remember when positioning your papers line up the arrow on the mat of your Gypsy with the arrow on your mat.
Oops, what is this..... your better check out the next video so you can learn how to use the Cricut Markers as they are sooooo awesome and so easy to use with a little help from our Gypsy.
My Cricut got a work out with this project.

Well on this little video you learn how to work your Gypsy so that you can use those Cricut Markers with ease. You will love the look and how easy it is to accomplish.
Look at this yummy papers so shimmery, just like the beach the sun dancing over all the objects.
I started by putting all my elements together. I used plenty of pop dots to lift the colors on the umbrella and to give it dimension.
Here is the sand castle, the bucket, shovel and crabs. I had to use Zip Dry glue as my papers had a glittery sheen to it making it hard to hold together.
Isn't that a cute little sand castle?
See how the papers just shimmered?
I cut off part of my circle.
And here are my completed embellies.
I added the title and love the outlined letters. They work so well on little boy layouts.
A close up and notice the shovel even has sand in it!!!
Another close up. Don't you just love the little google eyes on the crabs?


That's it for today and I want to thank you for spending time with me today, I sure hope you learned something new that you can use when you design with your Gypsy.
Now your task is to make your page and then link it up on my blog so we can see what you did and how much you are growing with your skills.  All you need to do is follow the easy sketch. Large circle, 2 photos, 2 pieces of art and a title. Remember these are basic skills that you are learning. If you have any questions be sure to email me at ShesASassyLady@hotmail.com or if there is any area that you want me to cover please do the same.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

I hope you enjoyed today's little project and learned something new at the same time. Thanks for your continued support and sweet words of encouragement. Your comments are what inspire me to share with you.
signature

18 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Beautiful Layout! Thank you for the awesome tut as well! Loce how you used the markers!
Melissa

papillon digital design said...

lovely! I love the umbrella. It looks so protective! Focuses the eye on the precious charge it is protecting!! And you are one funny girl.. I loved your video

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a great layout Shelia... I so enjoy your videos.

Bamabel said...

What an adorable layout!!! I love all the little beachy details and what a cutie in the pix!

Beebeebabs said...

Great layout!!!

flowerdisco said...

Sheila...I am really enjoying your lessons. This LO is very pretty and I love all the layering too.
Thanks for the tut.

I do not think I will have time to participate. My son has a lot of things going on right now and of course we are always there for him and to help. This time of the year is really busy on this side :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, great tutorial and videos! You really do make it all look so easy and I just can't imagine it is so; however, I really must try a layout one day and you are so inspiring me to get there!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

What an excellent tutorial! I will try this and actually might get some pages done for a change. I don't know how to upload yet but I will work on that later. Again, thank you.
Sherry at tookienurse@comcast.net

Mary said...

Love the LO and videos! I was thinking that the sand dollar from LAB would have been great in the place of your scalloped circle, too! I have already been designing my cards with a LO tab and coping the pieces to a new tab on my gypsy. What a great timesaver to know the exact size you need before you ever cut!

Unknown said...

Love your Saturday Gypsy Made Simple posts!! This LO is awesome!

Mrs. Green said...

I've often wondered if you used the markers first and then cut if you would get the border effect. Now I know! :)

Debby said...

Wow! I LOVE, LOVE your video. Gonna go buy some markers today! Thanks so much for the videos. You make it look so easy that I think maybe I can actually do it. Now all I need is TIME. Your LO is soooo cute!! TFS!!

Anonymous said...

I am trying this. I got it done on the gypsy just have to put it together. This wil be my first challenge entry for you.
KarenR

toya said...

great job! thanks for the tutorial!

Anonymous said...

I tried leaving a link it won't work.
So hope it works here.
KarenR
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v206/auntk/?action=view&current=scan0002a.jpg][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/auntk/th_scan0002a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Sandi Clarkson said...

Sheila, I think your sketch looks great .. boy you should see some of mine! And the layout is beyond adorable! Now if I only had some beach photos! You are so lucky to live near the beach!

Alanna said...

Love the layout.
Today I did something that has made using the Gypsy less stressful. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time seeing the designs to choose from. So I put each set of designs on my scanner and printed them at 150% and put them in a 3-ring binder (some are just the backs of the boxes). Now I just flip through my book to find the best object, instead of straining my eyes on the Gypsy.
I'll keep checking back, love your videos, I learned a lot. Thanks

Cheryl Boglioli said...

Your tutorials have been really great. What a brilliant idea!!!