October 19, 2010

I love...Crepe Paper Streamers

Hi, this is Kristy from craftin-on-my-door, and I want to thank Sheila for letting me be a guest designer again!

I am loving all things crepe paper! Yes, this party stuff below:




Here are a couple of cards that I made using this inexpensive party decor:



The skull card is just my fav! I used the Pumpkin carving solutions cartridge for both cards. The cards were cut at 5" x 10", then scored at 5", and folded in half. The pattern paper bases were cut using the Slumber Party charm
at 4 3/4".

For the Jack o' lantern card:
Recipe:
White for card-Recollections
Orange Polka Dot-My Mind's Eye
Orange-Bazzill Tootsie
Yellow-Hobby Lobby

Black crepe paper-Hobby Lobby

Silver Tool-Walmart

The jack o' lantern was cut at 3.47". The yellow background was cut at 3.47" using George. I used the new Tim Holtz embossing folder, Notebook, to give my jack o' lantern texture. Then, I attached the orange and yellow pieces together using my super duper pink ATG gun! {POW} Next, I attached the crepe paper. I put adhesive around the edges of the square, and then fan folded the crepe paper back and forth.




Until I made it all the way around.



Tip...if the crepe paper sticks out too much, just give it a little trim with your handy dandy scissors!

I tied the silver tool around the top of my card. Then I used sticky backed Fun Foam to give Jack some dimension.



Just cut strips, and stack them on top of each other. For the last piece you can add adhesive to the plan side, and use the sticky side to attach to your card. Viola~
Just peel and stick to your card base.

For the skull card:

Recipe: White for card-Recollections
Purple Polka Dot-Hobby Lobby
White and Black-Recollections
Orange-Bazzill Tootsie
Flower-Prima
Bling-Micheals
The skull was cut at 3 3/4". The black background was cut using the Slumber Party "charm" at 3 3/4". The bow was cut using Rock Princess page 68 "layer-s" at 2 1/2". I attached the skull to the black background circle. Next, I added the crepe paper just like the jack o' lantern card (this one was much easier to attach because of the circle shape). I added sticky fun foam to the back and placed the skull onto the card. Then, I used a 3D dot to "pop" up the bow, added the flower and bling, and called it DONE!
I hope you enjoyed my super easy crepe paper tutorial! The possibilities are endless! I probably wouldn't use them on my scrapbook pages (because they are not acid free), but I will be using them on cards, decor, and more! I have some more Halloween cards that I will be adding to my blog soon! Thanks for the blog LOVE, and thanks again Sheila for having me! Happy Halloween to all of you! ;)
<3 Kristy

17 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW! Love this!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow, what a great idea. I love the finished look and I bet that it is easy to work with too! Thanks for sharing with us today.

Unknown said...

That is a great Idea.. I love the look when you are finished. Thanks.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Love it, what a super idea!
Staci

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Super cute idea.... love them too.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a cute idea...I love the skull one with the little bow.

217 Creations said...

Very cute! Great idea!

Maria said...

That was super easy! Thanks for sharing.

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, this is great! Now I'll probably load of crepe paper that I'll never use! LOL!!!

Adrian said...

2 cute, awesome idea!

Jeannie said...

This is a great idea! My mind is going crazy now.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to see what you make with crepe paper!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Great Project Kristy! Love that - so clever!

Kate said...

So creative! Great job.

papillon digital design said...

what a great use of crepe paper. I love the ruffles formed and the skeleton with a bow.Oh yes! we need a blinged out skeleton don't we ? :).
Very cute! TFS

Bamabel said...

These are adorable! I've always wondered what to do with those! Great ideas!

flowerdisco said...

you can make beautiful flowers too with it. TFS your cool projects.