October 20, 2010

Imagine/I-Rock Onsies


Hi, Becky here from Journey To Creativity back to play again on The Sassy Lady blog. Thank you Sheila for letting me come back and play.

I ordered the imagine back in September when HSN had it as the special value of the day. When it came in I was sick and wasn't able to play with it for about three weeks. After opening it up and starting to learn more about it, I fell in love. I wanted to try something different so I started looking around the house and found two baby onsies that needed some attention.


So I thought I would try transferring an image printed by the imagine onto the onsies.


I started by doing a test print onto card stock to make sure I got the sizing correct. The final size I decided on was 2.5 inches.


On the imagine I flipped the image before printing. I printed and cut the images using the Nursery Tails cartridge onto Avery Light Fabric transfer paper purchased at Wal-Mart.


Iron the images onto the onsies with the iron set on cotton setting using dry heat. Allow the image to cool for two minutes and peel off the paper backing.


I wanted some bling so I bought the i-rock heat setting tool. I have to say that the instructions were not quite clear enough for me because I left the heat tool on the stone to long and actually burnt the first one I attempted. After making that mistake I realized that all you really need to do is touch the heat tool to the stone for just a second and remove it. That technique worked much better and I was able to finish applying my bling without any more burns.


This is actually the one that I burnt but you can still see how adorable it turned out.


My second attempt at adding bling worked perfectly.

I had so much fun using my imagine and the i-rock heat tool that I can now think of a thousand things to add bling too. So hop on over to my blog and become a follower, there will definitely be more bling to come. Don't forget to leave me a comment and tell me how you will use this idea and make it your own. Thanks for stopping by today!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

11 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Becky, these onesies are just adorably cute!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH my gosh!!! This is totally adorable! I love them - I'm gonna have to try this!!!

Sarah said...

These turned out so cute! Great idea thanks for sharing.

Debbie Bakk said...

How cute- you girls come up with some fabulous projects! I don't have the Imagine or I-rock tools-but love what you did here thanks for sharing.

papillon digital design said...

That looks lovely! That bling does make a huge difference!
Just waiting for my Imagine before I try this :) TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This little onsie is just too cute! Love this Imagine project and the bling you added. Thanks for being with us today.

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

I love this idea! I never thought of printing only!

Jessica said...

Adorable idea! TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

So creative, I love the idea.

flowerdisco said...

you can actually make business with the I. this is gorgeous, tfs!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

OMGoodness! Those Rock!!! You've turned your imagine into a wanna-be YUDU! These are absolutely adorable. I'm going to have to try something like that now, but mine will have to be a bit bigger than a onesie!!