April 3, 2011

Dallas Stampede Scrap Room

I had to share this little 2 minute video of the room that we scrapped in. I was just amazed with an entire room holding 200 scrappers with all their goodies. I have been to many crops and a few swarms but nothing as grand as the Texas Stampede. It was so much fun and always something going on. This little video was taken around midnight on Saturday night and many ladies were sneaking upstairs to put something more comfortable on to scrap in and even though I was in bed be 2am I heard this room had people in it all night!

This is just a quickie video of the room around midnight on Saturday. It will give you a little idea of the volume in the room. I just kept moving trying to get my prepackaged kits I made done. I did scrap a 2 page layout for Pam, 8 Easter cards, 2 digital Happy Birthday cards, 2 Slider Birthday cards, 2 get well cards and the beautiful card that Pam designed. Oh I almost forgot I also have the BEAUTIFUL album that Teressa Collins designed from her WONDERFUL class too... and that was AWESOME.
Thank you for joining me today and for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me.
signature

9 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

What fun! Some serious scrapping going on in that room! Poor Melissa, she really just didn't want to be on camera, huh? LOL!!!

Great video, and you have a Teresa Collins album?!!! Wow, how cool is that!!!

papillon digital design said...

Awww - looking at this brings back memories and tears as I miss you all. TFS

mfc.melissamade2 said...

LOL Audrey!!! I didn't want to break poor Sassy's camera! It's brand new and oh so cute!!! Oh, love this video let's do it again this weekend!
Hugs,
M

GabyCreates.com said...

How fun!! nothing like getting together with friends that love to do the same things you do!

Tracy said...

Thanks Sheila -- that was fun reliving that awesome scrap room -- I didn't get many things accomplished but the memories are priceless. :)
Tracy

Joyce said...

Can you explain the difference between a swarm, a circle and a stampede crop? I've been to regular crops and hear about these. Can anyone go or do you have to be in the Cricut circle? Thanks!
jdwlo

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hi, Sheila .. I've been meaning to pop by and let you know that I had big plans to come over to the Stampede but was hit with one of my infamous dizzy episodes that lasted over a week. So, driving and getting out of the house was not in the cards for me. I was so sorry that I didn't get the opporuntity to meet you .. this time anyway! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I like you blog. I have only been to one scrapbook retreat which was this past January 2011 in Orange Beach, AL. However, my daughter has moved to Paris, Texas and I am looking for a group to visit next time I am out in Texas. I see this was in Dallas. How often do you do a Stampede? I would love to come to one sometime.

Bamabel said...

That looks like so much fun!!!! I'd love to do something like that!