April 17, 2011

Digital Children's Easter Cards

Hello, these are the 8 Easter cards I made in Dallas for my granchildren. These were of the first digital cards I made and I tell you I was lucky that Melissa of Melissa Made was with me because without her I would have flunked digital cards!!! First I have to thank her for showing me the digitals at Tiddly Inks. I started with a couple of Freebies of which this is one and have since become a customer of theirs and have a mini collection of digital stamps. And yes, I am still using my Crayola markers that I spent $3.99 on so you can see I am getting my monies worth!
This is the first one I started cutting on and as you can see I cut it too narrow for the front of the card. Melissa came to the rescue and helped me by showing me that I needed to mat the stamp. She said because I made it so narrow I needed a little something more to make it look nice. So she suggested the flowers and we used skittles for the inside of them. Now this will make a great card for a little girl. Melissa reminded me just line with our Cricut cuts and the papers we use that it is all in the details.

We added either butterflies or flowers to each card and as you can see each of the bunnies has glitter on it's ttail. Isn't that just too cute. Oh, if you want to see a larger photo just click on it to see it enlarged.
Next I moved on to Digital Delights by Louby Loo and got this Freebie.... note their Freebies change from week to week. I learned bout them from Mary at Cardz TV as she does a feature once a week using digitals while making cards. These were a lot of fun to do and I used my Stickles to enhance these little eggs.

Aren't these just too adorable. I love these little Easter cards and they were soo easy to do. Inside each of the bunny eggs I used my computer to print You are Egg-ceptional! I know the children will love all of these brightly colored cards.
Then I took a regular A2 envelope and stamped the fronts with brightly colored Easter eggs with my CTMH stamps. Won't they be a fun card to receive?
I hope you enjoyed them too and will give digital stamps a try. They are really great for those times that you can't use you Cricut but you just have to have a card. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. You comments continue to inspire me.
signature

7 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Sheila, these are awesome! I have the CM digital software but have yet to use it. Maybe I will have to try some hybrid scrapping. Your babes will love these!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Shelia, they turned out so adorable...

Java Jen's Creations said...

These are adorable, Sheila!! This inspires me to do some stamp coloring! That has really brought your projects to life! Love it!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

These are ADORABLE!!! I LOVE that you've used Crayola!! Seriously...sometimes I think we're all so wrapped up in fancy supplies that we forget that the $3.99 crayons are TOTALLY worth it...Again...gorgeous work!!

Crafty Hugs!

Evette K. said...

These are just adorable and my grandkids would love them. I have flunked digi's I believe. I have no one to help me...sighhhhhh. Would love to be able to print out the "freebies" for sure. Guess I need a tutorial, step by easy step. Ya think? Thanks for sharing these cards with us Sheila. A big monday hug.

Sherri said...

These are great. Thanks for sharing. Have a Happy Easter

Audrey Frelx said...

These cards are just adorable!!!