April 28, 2011

A Little Pickup For You

Good morning friends! Its Leah today and boy I am pleased to have my day come up here at She's a Sassy Lady. I've been saving this project for a while now so I am excited to finally get to post it!
My project today is more about adding details then really any certain technique. However I found it interesting to show you step by step how much adding more detail can make a project come alive!

I started at my Cricut Imagine and cut this great truck from Just Because cards and used prints from Elise (Imagine pattern cartridge). So here is the basic truck, cute, but basic with inked edges...


And here I've added just a few details. Glossy Accents to the window and small punched hearts on the tires, gel pen stitching and mini Prima's and pearls. Now this is cute!

And finally added to my card...The title was cut from Just Because cards but the print comes from Hopscotch (gotta love those cloud designs), the layering I cut in blue card stock and stamp with a script design. Added the tab cut background paper and the truck and its a darling card...but what if we added just a bit more....?


So lastly I have added a few clouds stamped with a definition stamp in a complimenting color. Added grass and more little flowers and pearls to ground the truck and now its perfect!

I know there is a whole CAS (clean and simple) style out there and that is great but sometimes a little bit goes a long way and you'll learn more and grow when you push yourself. I know how much I have changed in the past year or so by just stopping and adding a bit more to each project.
Thank you for coming by today and having a look!

Leah

8 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leah this is adorable I love the coloring and the inking on this card. Thank you so much for sharing with us today.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow this is super adorable!!! Love those patterns and the addition really makes this have a vintage feel!!! Beautiful! TFS!
Hugs,
M

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is a darling card!!! The colors and embellishments are perfect!!

Bamabel said...

How cute is this! I love it Leah!

Audrey Frelx said...

Adorable card! I'll miss you as a DT sister, however, I'll be visiting you on your blog -- so you're still in my life, thank God!!!

papillon digital design said...

Wow . Great project. Will miss you around here. TFS.

Gramjak said...

Such great ideas - and step by step makes it so easy to follow! I am going to make this for my DGD who will be driving this year and pulling the horses with their pick-up truck!

So cute! Thank you so much.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love all the extras!