July 2, 2012

Baseball Window Card





I am so excited to be the Guest Designer today at ShesASassyLady!!  Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a fun window card.

Tanner's Coach Pitch Baseball season ended Friday night.  He got to play in the All-Star game which he called The All-Star World Serious!  Yes, serious ~ he has called the world series the world serious for years!!  This is the title of a near future layout!!!

***Side note:  we live near Omaha, Nebraska and get to visit the College World Series every year even if it is just to see the tents and shop.  We usually have baseball our own boys' baseball games to go to and can't always get tickets.  This year, we got to watch South Carolina's batting practice and Tanner got a baseball!***

  Back to Tanner:  He had a great year thanks to our two wonderful coaches.  He enjoyed playing catcher, first base, short stop and outfield the most!

I wanted to make a card for the coaches to say thanks.

I got out my Gypsy and got to work!

I found this window card base from Calligraphy Collection and sized it to 7.55w x 4.76h.

The glove is from Boys Will Be Boys and sized to 1.97w x 1.86h.  I hid the inside cuts and welded it inside the window.


In another layer, I copied the glove and ball.  I added the baseball bat border (also from Boys Will Be Boys) sized to 3.39w x 1.16h.

I used the font from Varsity Letter and sized them to .88 inches.


I used cardstock to cut out all of the pieces.  I cut out the letters in red since we were the Reds!

I inked the glove, ball and bats with Vintage Photo ink.

I added a touch of red with the twine to finish it off.

This card is modified from a file I created last year.  My wrist is getting better - I can now cut simple cuts with a scissors YAY!!!  I have 5 more weeks of PT!!!  So grateful I can do some crafting, and so grateful that Sheila has me over today!!!

9 comments:

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Such a great card. TFS

Jeannie said...

Great card! My Grandson is in the last few games of his season....this would be perfect! TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

The coaches will love this, very creative

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great card Lori love the window card. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Lisa said...

Awesome card. So glad your wrist is on the mend. Those 5 weeks will fly by. :)

Migdalia said...

Awesoem Card!!Great Job!!

Brenda said...

Cute Card Lori! I love the way your coach thinks! World Serious, to cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear SHeila,

I love looking at your blog each day and you make the gypsy seem so easy and versatile. I am sure you have a plethora of instructional videos on file! If blogs ever go out of favor, or even if they don't I hope you will consider taking the lot of your videos, putting as many of them on CD as you can, and selling it to the general card making public. You have so many tips and tricks and it would be incredibly handy for someone like me to have it all on a ready CD, to pop in the computer and look up what ever I need to about shaped cards and the gypsy, or even just to try one of your many new cards. Would you please do this, at a cost that most regular folk like me can afford? It would be a great service to cardmakers all over. Just a thought,

Sincerely

janette Schulte

janetteschulte at comcast dot net

Nicole said...

Super cute card Lori!! What a great idea!