July 14, 2012

Gypsy Made Simple - Thinking Of You

Good morning. I hope you all had a blessed week. This week we are going to make a simple window card to help fill our card stashes up. I want to Thank all of you for the many many comments and emails that I received on the Tri-Fold cards from the last two weeks, it was really appreciated. I was amazed once again at all the personal emails I received from people that love the Gypsy Made Simple series. Thank you for your sweet sweet words.
Now let's get to work and make some window cards. So go grab a cup of coffee, turn your Gypsy's on and let's do it!


Now wasn't that easy? And I got it all done with 1 video for a change! Hooray! I will have to try to do that more often. As you can see this format can be used with any window card. I love the phrases we get on the different carts just for window cards. When I coupled that with the Art Philosophy cart it was really simple. Just a matter of choosing the card form, and the phrase and you are good to go. Just remember the larger the window the more pieces you will be welding in the window portion of the card. The phrases keeps it simple.


Thought you would like to see what the card looks like from the front. The contrasting teal paper really stands out on the black and whit patterned paper from K and Company.


See the card even looks nice standing on a table top.... and that is important as we want our cards displayed, don't we?


Here is all six cards. It only too 10 minutes to design, half hour to cut and another hour to put together all six cards! You can't beat that. This is the type of card I like to keep in my stash because it can be used for so many things.


I hope you enjoyed today's post, I know I always enjoy my time with you, because that means I am doing what I love to do... create! This week I challenge you to make a window card using a phrase. You will find it easy to do and there are so many carts you can choose from. Then LINK it up! I can't wait to see what you come up with.... you know I am a wonderful scrap lifter!
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. You comments inspire me to continue sharing with you. Have a blessed week.

12 comments:

Karons Krafty Korner said...

This is fabulous Sheila - I think I will have to give this a go if I get time and try it in CCR (as I don't have a gypsy). TFS

Regina said...

Love the card and want to give it a try today. I want to tell you just how much I am enjoying your site with all the help with the Gypsy and the beautiful cards. I just found you a couple weeks ago after coming home from the hospital. I was bored and checked out the Cricut top 40 blog and found you that way. I have a Gypsy and just haven't used it as much as I would like but now I know how to do it thanks to you. You have a great weekend. regina

papillon digital design said...

That's a great card! Would be very nice to make these to send out to friends. TFS

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Beautiful card.love the colors.I really have to try this type of car.

BethAnn said...

Love this card, Sheila, and I love the window cards! I still can't quite get the handle on the tri-folds, as I always seem to bungle it somehow. I'll keep trying, though. Your GMS series is wonderful, and I look forward to it each week, as it has really helped me use my tools. I love to make cards, and someday, I may figure out the uploading to a computer site! Have a wonderful week. BethAnn M.

Lisa said...

Great card, love the colors together.

Java Jen's Creations said...

Another absolutely gorgeous card!! I love the B & W with the teal! Great combo!! Gonna' try to get some time to play this next week and see if I can get one linked up!!

Charlotte C said...

I really love this card. Thanks to you I've made a few window cards with words from a tutorial you had done way back. If you recall, back in December the Cricut Chirp featured one I made from your info, I had acknowledged the how-to was from you and you subsequently got emails out of the blue. Can't wait to make another and link it up!

Unknown said...

Sheila ~ your card is an inspiration as usual :)

Thank you for your sweet words on FB today. I am really trying to bust out of this blue mood!!!! You helped my friend!

Cricut Couple said...

This is fantastic Sheila! I sure enjoy your videos!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Wow, Shelia! Thank you for the detailed video on creating this card! Great work!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, great card and a great job you did on it!!!

Everyone who linked did a fantastic job on their window cards also!