July 28, 2012

Gypsy Made Simple - This Is A Test


Good Morning.... time to take the test! That's right, I have been teaching you how to do all kinds of things on your Gypsy, now it is time to find out a little of what you have learned! I fell like I am putting myself out on a limb with this but we are going to give it a try. This week you will weld 3 pieces together for form some type of design and you will make a shadow. Sounds simple enough doesn't it? Well go grab a cup of coffee and turn your Gypsy on and enjoy your coffee while watching these super quick videos.


No see how easy this will be. Again choose a cart with a shadow feature and weld at least 3 piece together. You can do more if you want just have at least 3 items and make a card or page or just show the welded image, just as long as you link it up. I want to see how you are doing so I can gauge what I should be focusing on in the future.


Isn't this a beautiful card. I made this for my friend Judy and her husband Tom as they will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. The solid papers are from the Metallic stack from DCWV, and the beautiful floral paper is a retired print from Creative Memories. I had a lot more in videos to show you but accidentally deleted them when I was on the phone with Pam at the Bug Bytes, so now you get this test!


All kidding aside it is important for me to know if I should revisit some of these designs or move on to more complicated designs so please help me out and link up your design.


Here is another close up of this 5x5" card. Don't you love how using the shadow feature really adds dimension to this card? This is why it is important to know how to do this feature. Now if you don't know how to or would like me to do a video on this please leave a comment telling me so. I challenge you to make a 3 piece weld and a shadow for the same and link it up. Let's see what you can do with this. Make sure you use at least 2 characters, it doesn't matter if you use number or letters and then add a piece of artwork to make your project. LINK IT UP!
Thank you for your sweet sweet word of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you. Have a blessed week.

10 comments:

Brenda said...

I am going to try and do this Sheila. I love your videos even if I know how to do something there are times that you might make it more simpler for me to do. lol I can't hardly use my machines without my Gypsy so your videos are so important to me to watch. Thanks for all you do!!! Hugs, Brenda

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Such a fabulous card Sheila - what a great idea:-) TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, this card is gorgeous and the background paper is so very pretty!

Shamefully, I haven't touched my Gypsy in ages, and I've never used it to design anything so intricate -- I'll really have to dust if off and sit down to watch your videos. You're doing wonderful things; great tutorials, videos...you're really a geeat instructor! Time for me to learn something from you...lol!

Hugs!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great card .. I am with Audrey .. haven't touch my Gypsy or my cutters in ages ..

Lisa said...

Beautiful card Sheila. Glad I could join in on this challenge. Come on Audrey and Sandi, dust off those Gypsy's and cutters and get creating ;)Although you don't need machines to create but they do make things easier sometimes.

Krafthead said...

Your card is beautiful! I hope I have time to weld and link :)

papillon digital design said...

What an elegant card. Love it. TFS

Charlotte C said...

OMG I can't do a thing without my G and I love love love all your tutorials - keep them coming, Sheila, please, from simple to advanced. I'm ready for the challenge. May not be able to create timely to post, but I do make something following your instructions.

Barb Smith said...

Sheila - you do such a great job at teaching us various techniques and showing us how to get the most out of our Gypsys. Thank you so much. Great card.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

Mimi said...

Sheila, this is a great challenge and I'm going to work on this. I don't think I've ever done a shadow on a welded piece so I'm going to try to design tonight.

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com