January 12, 2013

Gypsy Made Simple - Elmo Window Car


Good Morning! Thank you for joining us today for another Gypsy Made Simple series. Today we will be making an adorable Elmo Window card. Now if you don't have that cart that is fine just substitute Elmo with another piece of artwork that you do have. So grab a cup of coffee or a diet coke, turn your Gypsy on and let's get to work.



Now that is what I call step by step! You have to admit it is easy if you just follow along step by step. The good new is thatif you get lost you can back up and watch that section over and over till you feel you understand it completely. Now that you have your design done go cut it out and I will meet you back on the next video where we will put these little cards together.



Now wasn't that easy? Most of the work is done after you desgin and cut out. I always think the hardest part is choosing the papers! There just is so many beautiful papers in different designs and textures you can use the same design over and over and the card will look different each time!
Now notice I did use the plastic from our cartridge packaging for the window and all I did was use my Cuttlebug and an embossing folder to make a design that I thought would go with the paper.



This is a closeup of the window on the front of my card.... isn't is just awesome? Sorry but I can' not remember the name of it, I just remember that I bought it at Hobby Lobby, if that helps.


This is the inside of the card. I used My Craft Spot's stamp set called Inside Out and just love how great it goes with this card. I inked the edges with Creme Brulee and it goes perfect with my paper from DCWV the Stripe and Plaid stack.


Now aren't these cards just adorable? Click HERE for your Gypsy file so you can make your own or do make your own and then link it up. Either way I want  to see the card you make! I Challenge You to make a window card and then link up your card and share it with all of us. We love to see what you do! Thank you for joining us today for our Gypsy Made Simple project.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to share with you!

7 comments:

Linda said...

I love this card. It turned out so cute. Definitely going to try this! Love the embossing.

Linda
Crafting With Nana

Karon said...

Fab sweet card - don't you just love Elmo. Have a great weekend Sheila. TFS

Created by Kathi said...

I have made several window and shaped cards because of your great vids in the past... now I will try to make one that has the clear plastic insert! Thanks for inspiring! Kathi

lovemypaper said...

Very cute card!

Unknown said...

Every time I make a window card I think of you Sheila!!! Thanks for your inspiration!!

I also bragged you up in the Gypsy User Facebook Group :)

(((HUGS)))

Amy said...

Hi Sheila, I may have put th3 same entry in 3 times--I messed up the first two times! I still don't see any of them on your blog but maybe it takes a while...anyway, sorry for the inconvenience, just delete the first two if they show up! Love your card and tutorial TFS!

Charlotte C said...

How nice to return from a week vacationing to see your Elmo window card. My cart plastic is always scuffed, but I have plastic card stock stuff and I can't wait to use it on a project like this! Thanks, Sheila.