October 1, 2011

18 Pages Put A Dent In My Scrapbooking

I hope you are having a great day. These pages are from a trip that we mad with our grand children in August to the Huntsville Alabama Space Center. We had so much fun with the children even though it reached 100 degrees outside! We took a ton of photos and the children had a wonderful time and we had a hard time keeping up with them!
Recently I was asked to review a digital software program called My Memory Suite and I chose these  photos to play with. These are some of the pages I made within the first 8 days. I actually did a total of 55 pages in eight days and realized that I loved this program. Yes I will still scrapbook the traditional way and yes I will also use this program. I can actually see doing the base with the photos on and then adding my Cricut embellishments for the dimension that I love. I hope you enjoy looking.
As you can see I am learning to move the text around and the headings to fit into the space that I have. I was amazed at how similar the two methods are.
I must say I do like picture sizing better and I think that will be a great asset in future scrap booking.
I love being able to drop and fill a photo in and the program automatically sizes the photo to fit the space that I create. How nice is that?
I used a lot of the photos of the equipment as that is what the children loved. I know they will treasure these pages. It is awesome to watch them look at these photos as they will sit and tell us stories about what they saw.
The boys were so fascinated with the equipment it was amazing. Their eyes were filled with excitement.
Don't you just love the size of the rocket on this page? That is why I love this program, all I did was drop the photo in and it sized it.
I was learning to add embellishments with this page and even shadowed it so it looks lifted from the page. I am learning so many new skills with ease.
I am in love with the size of the photos that I did on these pages. I normally print all my photos and cut, paste and crop forever. I had over 200 photos of this trip and I liked being able to pick just the ones I wanted rather that trying to find something that would fit in the space I had.
I love the closeups that the pages allow without loosing resolution in the photos don't you.
And even a page of all photos still looks interesting.
This is the first page that I actually did a digital layout with digital embellishments and it turned out pretty nice I think. What is your opinion?
As you can see the children had a blast and even tried rock climbing up the wall.
Did you notice how well my heading match on the pages. I was able to match up the colors. And I love that you can turn them too.
All these pages are 12x12 and Costco prints them on a glossy stock for only $2.99 per page. I thought this was reasonable considering I would have spent $30 to develop plus the cost of paper, embellishments and a ton of time to do 18 pages. They only took me 5 hours to make altogether.
I am enjoying this program and will be doing a lot more pages as I have 40 years to scrap. I figure that all of 2011 will be digital as I have not printed a photo! All I have left to do of 2008 is Christmas. All of 2009 photos are printed so that will be traditional as well as half of 2010. As you can see I have a lot of work to do and My Memory Suite will definitely be able to help me catch up!
Well I sure hope you enjoyed looking at my pages. I know I enjoyed making them. I was creating even though it was on my computer and I didn't cut a paper.  My Memories has a lot of free digital papers and embellishments to choose from so I didn't have to run out and buy a lot of things either. And if you are anything like me that is important as I have to stick to my scrapping budget!
Well I hope you enjoyed this post today. And if you want to get this program My Memories has allowed me to share a special code that you can use to get $10.00 off the $39.95 purchase price. So you can get this great program for only $29.95. Just click on My Memories any where on this post and you can order your copy. You can download immediately and get started making your pages in a matter of minutes. Here is the code: STMMMS32096.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to share with you. Have a blessed day.

8 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow Fantastic! Great job getting SO many done!! You'll be all caught up in NO time! Love them
Hugs,
M

Java Jen's Creations said...

Ok, so you are inspiring me to get some digital pages done! I'm starting to use the Storybook creator software from Creative Memories! I just need to do it!! Your pages are awesome!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Shelia, I am so impressed, you are doing such awesome layouts.... love them all.
hugs

Nana Donna said...

Wow amazing what a great job. And it looks like you all had a lot of fun.

Cricut Couple said...

Wow Sheila! These are all just amazing!!!

Dixieglitzie said...

These are beautiful Sheila. I just recently won this program online...wow right! If you ever have a "blogger's block" I would love a tutorial on how to create WordArt using this program.

I love the way you have combined traditional elements with digital scrapbooking. I was wondering about that myself...it looks gorgeous Sheila. My husband and I will be having his and her's surgery in the next few weeks...shoulder for him, hip for her lol :) Anyway, digital will be the way I can make a dent in all of my pics during our recovery time. Thanks for sharing Sheila. Love your blog!

Bunnyfreak said...

Glad to see another scrapper enjoying digital. The Space Center looks cool.

http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow!!! That's some hefty book and the pages are all done so well (and the pictures are great)!!! I would call that a terrific job!!!