October 24, 2011

It's A Boy

Hey y'all! Happy Monday! Aymee Gandy of 'A Scraphappy Southernbelle' here with you on this gorgeous fall day to share a little card I made. I hope all of you had a wonderful, relaxing weekend! Did you enjoy it? We had perfect weather here, great football games, and a lot of relaxation/play time with our new Yorkie puppy. It was a fabulous time!

Anyways, I have created a card for my brother and sister in law. As you may already know, they are expecting their second baby in April. Well this past week we found out that they are having another boy!!! Carter (that's my nephew) will have a baby brother!!! My whole family is so excited to welcome this new little one into our lives! I can't wait to meet him! To congratulate them on finding out that it's a boy, I decided to make a little card to send out. Instead of going with the traditional blue tones of baby boy cards, I wanted to switch things up a bit and went with a mixture of lime greens and grays. I hope they will like it!

I used my Cricut Gypsy to design the card and cut it out on my Cricut Expression. This was a very easy and fun card to create. I had it finished in a little over an hour, so not too bad. Here is my project:

"It's A Boy" Card

Supplies Used
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, Bazzill Basics Paper
Patterned Paper: First Edition Paper
Twine: My Craft Spot
Button: The Paper Studio
Pearls: Queen & Co.
Glitter Glue: Stickles (Ranger Industries), Eucalyptus
Electronic Cutter: Cricut Expression (Provo Craft)
Software: Cricut Gypsy (Provo Craft)
Cartridge: Gypsy Font, Gypsy Wanderings, New Arrival
Adhesive: Helmar
 The outside shape of the card is from the Gypsy Font cartridge. The bottle in the background is from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge. I added a little twine bow/button combo to glam up the bottle just a tad.
 This border is from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge. I used pop dots to pop it up for added dimension. I then added some Stickles for a bit of bling.
 For the inside of the card, I cut out the same shape that I used on the card front in coordinating papers. I then cut out my sentiment from the New Arrival cartridge.
 I finished off the back of the card with more coordinating paper and my custom stamp.
I hope you have enjoyed this card and that it will inspire to get crafty today! Thanks for stopping by the Sassy blog! We sure have enjoyed having ya! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Happy Scrappin'!!!

14 comments:

Cricut Couple said...

Aymee, this is SOOOOO beautiful! I love the shape of the card and the colors are fantastic! TFS!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Aymee, such a beautiful card. Congratulations you are going to be an aunt again! I love the shape of this card.... guess I need to revisit that cart. Love the glittery heading too. Thanks for sharing with us today..

Jennifer said...

This is so pretty, I like the glitter headline. Hugs

Audrey Frelx said...

This is such a beautiful and well-made baby card!!! So very professional looking!

Congratulations on becoming an "auntie" and to your sister and BIL1!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Gorgeous card and congrats!!

Nana Donna said...

Aymee it is wonderful!!! I love all the details and elements. I think the colors are fabulous and that little button is too cute.
Congrats on your new upcoming nephew

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Very elegant card. Love that it's not a traditional blue card. The colors and cuts you chose are awesome.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

WOW - gorgeous card! I love it - almost looks like a wall hanging!!! So perfect - love that sparkle!
Hugs,
M

Kelly said...

Love this card. Off to find that card shape now. Fab x

Stacy said...

This turned out really well, congrats on being an Aunt too
Hugs, Stacy

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your new addition. Your card is gorgeous, love the shape and the colors.

Simply Sassy Scrapper said...

Beautiful card!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Wow!! This card is gorgeous!!! I love all the beautiful detail!!!

Anonymous said...

such a pretty card :-)