January 20, 2011

How to Scrapbook your Christmas Picture Cards

Good Thursday morning to all! This is Gaby and
today I have a How-To-Scrapbook your picture Christmas cards tutorial.
(I had been working on creating a pop-up hearts card for today but my Gypsy was being stubborn).

I am new to scrapbooking (a year) so this is my first Layout using those Christmas picture cards that we don't know what to do with them (I always feel a bit hesitant to cut them or just store them as they are).

First, I had to decide whether to make a one page LO or a two-page.  I prefer the two-page LOs but this year I only received 3 picture cards so I decided to create a one-page LO. We all have to have a one pager for the first and last page of an album, right?

Secondly, I had to decide what color paper I had that will match the colors on my cards to use and the how I was going to place them.  Brown was a constant, so I chose brown for my base and found that I had a DCWV Christmas stack with papers that match perfectly.

Third, the decision of the design (I followed a sketch provided on the Cricut Circle blog) had to be made.  Additionally, I had to incorporate stamping and buttons to meet the requirements.
I have been wanting to use this row of houses Hero Arts stamp, and found the perfect occasion.

Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped my stamp on the clear sheet (comes with your Stamp-a-ma-jig) and decided on the placement.  I proceeded to stamp using VersaMagic white cloud ink and lining it up were I wanted it to be on my LO. Note--it does not have to be perfect on your clear sheet, it is used for placement purposes only.

After stamping, I embossed with Holographic embossing powder.
I really like how the holographic embossing came out.
I added a ribbon to this picture card that already had a ribbon printed on.

With my matching DCWV paper and using a Sizzix scallop border die and a EK stamp border punch I created my border. I run the scalloped border under the picture card and the stamp border on top and stopped at the picture... if this makes sense.  I cut a piece of the stamp border and adhere to the end or right side of the picture.  I added stitching with my sewing machine.

For the top of the page I just used the EK stamp border punch and stitched on top a 3/16" strip of matching red glittery paper.  I added a snowflake cut using the Cricut Winter Lace cartridge cut at 2"--The word "Friends" was cut using the shadow option with Give A Hoot at 1.25"-- The word "and" was cut using Cricut Sampler cut at 1.26" and added some buttons as embellishments.

I added at the bottom of my LO this two cute houses cut using the April Showers cart cut at 2" each.  The word "Family" was cut with Gypsy Wanderings at 1.5".
I inked everything with distress walnut ink and added two tabs to each side. I used a EK punch and stamped the word Christmas and the year 2010 and adhered with Tim Holtz mini paper clips.
I hope I have inspired at least one of you to scrapbook your Christmas cards this year or to add stamping to your LOs or?
Thanks for visiting and leaving sweet comments. You can always visit me at GabyCreates.com.

12 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Love it Gaby!! This is wonderful! That stamp is too cute!!! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
M

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Gaby this is such a wonderful page it is almost impossible to believe that youa have only been scrapping for a year!!! AMAZING! Love the stamp on the page and your use of trim. Thanks for sharing with us today!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a awesome lo..

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

Gaby I love it!! The stamping the array of pics just perfect!!

Granny said...

This is such a fun page. Love the stamping on it. TFS

Anonymous said...

suuuuuuuuper in LOVE with this idea!!!!!
and the page is WAY too cute!!!!!!!
this rocks (I don't have it but really adore that stamp!!!!)

Unknown said...

Amazing! You've inspired me! Thanks!

Unknown said...

What a great layout Gaby!!

scrappinlil said...

You did such a great layout...I love it and might have to scraplift this. I really love the stamp with the embossing powder, really sets it off. TFS

Java Jen's Creations said...

Such a super idea!!! Awesome layout!!

Debbie said...

What a great layout! Love how you were able to incorporate so many pictures!

Barb Craft said...

This is a great idea! I never know what to do with those photos... don't want to throw them a way so they end up in a drawer!
Barb :)