January 17, 2011

Valentine's Day Romance - Candle Wraps

 Hi ya everyone! This is Melissa from MelissaMade and I want to thank the awesomely talented Sheila for letting me have a tutorial on her blog today.  I'm getting excited for Valentine's Day and realized I had no decorations for the occasion and wanted to spruce up my dining room table.  I decided to I make candle wraps and wanted to share the how to's today.
I started with my Gypsy and used the following cartridges: Indie Art - lips, George - rectangle tabs, and Sweethearts - all other shapes.  First, I used the shadow heart cut from Sweethearts and attached rectangle tabs to each side of the heart.  Heart Shadow = 4.16x3.84 Rectangles = 1.3x1.77
The tabs allow you to connect each side of the wrap.  Once I had these designed I opened a new page and make the hearts that will go on top.  Hearts = 4.01x3.82
I also made a blackout version so I could have a little contrast in the background to help the upper heart stand out against the background paper.
Next, I chose each shape I wanted for three sides and doubled those for two wraps.  I used from Sweethearts - the cupid and the XO and the Kiss Me.  I also used the Lips from Indie Art.
I chose my paper and cut each shape on the Expressions.
Once I had all my pieces cut on my Expressions I layered each one accordingly.
 I didn't want Kiss Me so I cut the Me portion off and mounted the lips to the Kiss part.
 I set each of these cuts aside and scored each tab directly down the center of the tab.
 I then attached each tab to form a triangle using my ATG adhesive.

  I then ran my heart through the Xyron and attached it to the white heart.
 I then attached each of these to the wrap.
 Next, I attached each of my cuts using pop dots that I had set aside.
 Once the wrap was put together, I added some stardust Stickles to the Cupids arrow and the heart in XO.
  I also added glossy accents to the lips to make them shine!   Here the lips aren't dry and look cloudy.
 I left one candle wrap blank so you could see how pretty they are without anything on them too!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Thanks for letting me share with you today.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask in the comment area.  I love comments too - feel free to share!  Thanks so much for stopping by - for more fun projects check out MelissaMade!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are amazing...thank you for sharing.

scrapstampcrazy said...

Great idea. Very cute.

Josie0602 said...

Wonderful candle wraps!! I love them!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

ROMANTIC is the word that comes to mind when I look at these beautiful candle holders! How nice to be able to decorate for Valentines Day. Thanks for sharing this great tutorial enabling us to be able to duplicate. And, thank you for joining us on Shes A Sassy Lady today.

Barb Craft said...

Melissa...this is a wonderful idea and such a fun decoration for a fun holiday! Love the papers you used too!
barb :)

Unknown said...

oh my gosh ... those are sooo cute! tfs!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a fun idea, and they turned out just BEAUTIFUL..

papillon digital design said...

Love how this has turned out. What a beautiful gift this will make

Audrey Frelx said...

Melissa, what fun and how cute!!! I just love candle ideas!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this!
This is totally smart and WAY TOO cute...someone's gonna be loving you on V-Day! LOL!
I also love how you could take this idea and totally run with it for ANY occasion!!!
Great job!!!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful project!!!

Unknown said...

These are adorable candle wraps Melissa!! Love them!

Unknown said...

Love thoes lips how fun are they!
kacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com

Angi Barrs said...

Now this is fabulous. Love this project. :)

Bamabel said...

How cute!