January 28, 2011

My first Paperbag Album

Hi all,
It's Kelly from http://www.kamscraftyplace.blogspot.com/ .Here's my first project of the year for Sheila. I decided I would have a go at a paperbag album. I had seen a tutorial on how to put it together on You Tube. Here's the link to the tutorial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAcsKl87Ryg . It's not easy finding paperbags over here in the U.K. I found some on Ebay but I haven't been able to find them anywhere else. If you know where I can get some please let me know in the comments.
After watching, pausing and rewinding the tutorial many times, this is what I ended up with.
Here is the album put together. I used Mountboard for the covers as it's hard to find 12 x 12 chipboard here in the U.K.


To decide which distress ink I should use I tried them all out on a spare bit of mountboard. I chose Walnut Stain






Here is the distressing around the front cover. I repeated this on the back cover.





Here's the front cover Finished.



Here are all of the Pages completed.


















Thanks for looking at my project. I hope you liked it.


Kelly :)

8 comments:

Stacy said...

Kelly,
Wow, you did a great on your first paper bag album. I love the soft colors you used.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs
Stacy

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Kelly, it is very nice! I love all the inking. Thanks for sharing!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kelly very nice color choices and I like the page with the bling on it a lot. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Barb Craft said...

Kelly, I have never made one of these but I might just have to give it a try! Love the papers you used! Thanks for the link too!
barb :)

Java Jen's Creations said...

I keep saying that I'm going to make one of these. Yours is beautiful and elegant!! Thanks for sharing the link so I can give it a go!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty mini considering it started out as paper bags!!! Love the inking and the paper you used!

Not sure what it would cost to ship to you, but I can get paper bags at the grocery store! Let me know if you need any.

Fellow Sassy Sister Lori

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, Kelly, you did a beautiful job on your first one!!! It came out terrific!!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Fun! I'm going to try this - I've hear a lot about them too! Love the bling on the front cover.
M