January 11, 2011

A Treat for my Sweet

Hi Everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations. Today I am your Guest Designer here at She's A Sassy Lady.  I made this treat box as a way to explore the new Life's A Party cartridge.  This box caught my eye when I was browsing through the online handbook.  After receiving this cartridge, I am super inspired by all the cool projects built into this cartridge.  There are so many 3D objects that this cartridge is a must have for favors and gifts for all sorts of holidays and parties.
 Frequently the handbooks can lead you to believe there is only one way to decorate the box.  When I saw this in the handbook, it was designed for a baby box. I knew I wanted to make a gift box for Valentine's Day so I began by sizing the box as big as I could on a 12 x 12 mat which was 7.71 inches.
 I laid my paper on my mat so that when the box would cut, the text would be facing the correct direction. This box requires the paper be double sided. Otherwise the top will be open with white.
 Using my Gypsy, I could easily size the "Love" for each side by letting the layers show through. By the way, have you ever searched for "Love" on Gypsy? WHEW! So many choices but these were my final choices and sizes:
"Love" 
Lacy Labels at 3.35 inches
Home Accents at 2.18 inches
Sugar and Spice at 3.35 inches
Create A Critter at 3.59 inches
The paper I chose was a little too pale for the letters.  So I decided to jazz them up with some Glimmer Mist and Distress Ink.
I spritzed the letters with Popsicle and Creme De Rouge Glimmer Mist.  I let the Glimmer Mist dry. 
Once it was dry, I  inked the edges with Barn Door and Dusty Concord Distress Ink.  I love the deep edges this color combo gave.
 Then I began to assemble my box.  I followed all scoremarks on the box.  I really felt these scoremarks were nice and discrete.  They were very easy to follow and did not show when folded.
I used adhesive to hold together the seams of the box.I found it easier to fold the box from to bottom. 
Then I adhered the dried "Love" to each side of the box.
As a final touch, I tied some tulle ribbon around the top of the box.  I buy my ribbon tulle at Hobby Lobby.  I wait for it to go $1.99 and then I stock up. I love this glittered tulle!

Here is the completed box.  These would make fab favors for parties.  They could be quickly assembled without too much hassle.  Because the design of the box is so unique, embellishing can be simple but still look complete.
Feel free to download the free Gypsy File I used to make this adorable box from my personal blog http://www.217creations.blogspot.com/. I would love it if you'd leave me a comment or better yet follow us here at She's A Sassy Lady and my personal blog as well.! Have a great day!
Photobucket

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this box..i think you should fill the top of it with hershey kisses!! Very cute! TFS

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Love it, very cute.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow this is a unique box! I must check out that cart. Love the colors you chose.... just perfect for a Valentine box. LOVE IT!!! Thanks for sharing with us today.

Unknown said...

Love it!!! The glimmer mist adds some extra fun!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Love your CUTE box!!! Thanks for sharing the file!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Elizabeth, once again you have created a beautiful work of art!! Love it!! I should be receiving my "Life's a Party" in the next day or two and I'm can't wait to make one of these!! Thanks for sharing the file!!

Granny said...

What a cute box, it is so pretty and unusual. TFS

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH, Cute!! Thanks for sharing.
M

Kim said...

What a Cute Box! Love it:)
Thanks for the instructions!
~Kim

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a cute box, thanks for sharing it with us. I don't have that cart. :-(

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Jan. 11, 2011. Thanks again.

Barb Craft said...

I amm sooo glad you did this one for us! I do so much better when I see one already made! The pictures in the little books just don't always get me excited! Thsi is adorable!
barb :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Elizabeth, that box is cute-cute-cute!!!