January 18, 2011

I Love You mini flip album

Hello my crafty friends! This is Kristy from Craftin on my door, and I want to thank Sheila for letting me guest design again for She's a Sassy Lady (I look forward to my monthly posts)! Two of my goals for the new year are to "use" what I have, and to "dig" deep and pull out cartridges that I haven't used in what seems like forever! Well, today I did both! Since, it is almost Valentine's Day I thought that I would make a mini flip album for my hubbie.
 I was looking through Fabulous Finds and found the perfect album:
I used the flip album , and the insert (no shift) on page 126. First, I cut the insert using the "Fit to Page" button on my Cricut. It showed that it would cut the insert at 3 3/4". Then, I cut the album at 3 3/4" also.
Next, I used my Scor Pal to score the album and insert. I then attached the insert inside of the album. I went through my pictures, found the ones I wanted to add, and cut them all around 3" x 3".
The fun part was going through my embellishments and seeing which ones I wanted to use!
On each page I added items like die cuts, glitter stickers, buttons, twine, fiber ribbons, flower ribbon, doilies, crepe paper, bling, pop dots, foil, and ANYthing else that looked fun to add. I think the MORE the BETTER!
On the inside page I added my journaling, and only put glue on the sides and bottom of the journaling so that I could add a tag behind.
Lastly, I added ribbon on the "spine" of the album, and "made with love" to the back of the album (why leave anything blank...right?!)
This was actually quite quick to put together, and if I have some more time I might even make some of these up for Stinkerbella's grandparents! I hope you all enjoyed a little bit of craftiness today, and I challenge you to "use" what you have and to "dig" deep and pull out cartridges that you haven't used in what seems like forever! Sending {LOVE} your way as we approach Valentine's Day!
<3 Kristy

18 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

This is beautiful! Love it, thanks for sharing!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kristy this is a BEAUTIFUL album, filled with so many goodies and great photos! Each page is adorned so beautifully. I am working on my first mini album and hope it turns out half as nice as this! LOVE IT. Thanks for the great tutorial and joining us hear today.

Unknown said...

OMGorgeous!!!! This is so beautiful, but looks very easy to create (just how I like things LOL). I do think you need to add to your embelishment stash.......just kidding!!

Summer said...

So cute, love the mini!

papillon digital design said...

very cute mini book. LUV it

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! Lori, those were only just some of my Valentine's Day embellishments!Definitely time to "use what I have!" ;)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow - this is beautiful - such a great way to display your adorable photos! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
M

Dana said...

Thank you for your blog. I sent you a "Stylish Blog Award".

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a beautiful mini album..

Java Jen's Creations said...

Wow!! This is a great mini!! I love making minis and Fabulous Finds is one of my favorite cartridges for them!! So much on there!! Beautiful album!!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Gorgeous album!! I have had the TBBM cartridge since it came out and never realized it had that cut on it! :)

Angi Barrs said...

Oh wow...gotta try making this. Gorgeous work. Love all of the pretty details. :)

Audrey Frelx said...

How beautiful!!! Kristy, this is just amazing!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Totally adorable! I also didn't realize that cut was on that cart! Will definitely have to get to using that one!

Bamabel said...

This is just adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

ahhhh this is awesome!!!!!!
really, really sweet!!!!!

Barb Craft said...

This is really a cute idea and would make a great gift! Thanks for the directions!
Barb :)

Celeste B. said...

What a creative idea!! I love it!! Thanks for the directions! :)