May 20, 2013

DISTRESS MARKERS NOTE CARDS

Hi, Everyone, this is Charlotte C, and thank you, Sheila, for once again allowing me to share a little project with your followers.

I decided to make some note cards for the moms of my daughters-in-law for Mother’s Day and I thought this might be a good time to try watercoloring with my Distress Markers.  I knew they’d be kind at my first attempt and I’m hoping you will be too. 

The stamps used are from Close To My Heart.  I stamped on watercolor paper with Ranger Archival Ink; then, using my craft sheet as a palette, I scribbled the colors on it and used a brush dipped in water to color the flower (thank you, Jennifer McGuire, for that tip) shaded around it in blue.  I used The Timeless Texture Stack of printed paper (it’s very lightweight) from DCWV for the green background layer and ¼” strips of chocolate brown textured CS on each side of the watercolored panel.  Doing this added no weight to the card, just texture.  For the folder I used double-sided card stock, fastened it closed with Velcro on dotted ribbon and added a quote from my stash of things I forgot I own. 




Thank you for stopping by here at She’s a Sassy Lady.   Hope you like this.  Have a happy crafty week.


3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow! I just love those note cards. You did a great job coloring and using the black & gold paper creates such a wonderful card! Thanks for sharng with us today!

Karon said...

What lovely cards - love the sunflower an fabulous papers! TFS

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Very pretty! I love your shading.