May 6, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Gifts




Hello!!!  Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a fun project for you!!  I just love May - spring is here, my birthday is around the corner and school is almost out!!!!

This time of year we thank our teachers for all of their hard work during the school year.  I always tuck in a gift card to Michaels or Target along with hand sanitizer, pencils, erasers, post-it-notes and highlighters, etc.  I also like to make a note pad for the teacher.

Tanner's teacher used to scrapbook.  She gave me three boxes of scrapbook paper and supplies!!!! I used some of her paper to make these projects!!

I am trying to use my Cameo more, but I really don't know how to make step-by-step tutorials like I do on my Gypsy yet!!!

The first thing I made was the gift bag.

I bought this image at the Silhouette store and  sized it to 7 inches wide.  I cut it in red paper.  I cut a strip of apple cardstock sized 1 inch by 10 inches and tied some twine around it before I used my ATG gun to adhere it to the bag.  I adhered the words to black cardstock (7x10) with a glue pen and adhered the paper to the bag with my ATG gun.


I used another cut from the Silhouette store for my note pad.  I cut out "a is for apple" out of green cardstock and tied a little red twine on the a.  

I use 3x5 blank index cards for my note pads.  They come 100 to a pack, I use 50 for my note pad.

I trim chipboard or watercolor paper to 3 1/8 x 5 1/8 for my covers.  I adhere paper to the front and decorate it up!

I use my Bind-it-All to put the note pad together!

I have a tutorial HERE if you want to see how I made the note pad with the Bind-it-All.


The card is simple.  I used a stamp from Pink By Design Our Teachers (I believe it is a retired set).  I cut out the tag image on my cricut for another project but had some leftover.  I wrapped some twine around the apple paper, pop - dotted the tag on and put two green crystals on the sides.

It is hard to see in this picture (we have not seen very much sun in Nebraska this spring!!!) but I stickled one of the hearts with red.

I hope Tanner's teacher knows how much we appreciate her!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!




6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What great gifts Lori I'm sure the teachers will love it... You are so considerate and the projects are adorable. Thank you for sharing with us today.

Karon said...

Fabulous gifts - perfect! So wonderful!

Kards by Kathi said...

I wanted to see the video but when I clicked on "Here" nothing happened. Can you help?

Brenda said...

These are fabulous Laurie!

Dk said...

Cool!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Awesome personalized gifts! I love the notepad the most and how you created it. Thanks for the inspiration.