May 11, 2013

Mother Mini Album


Hello - this is Lori here filling in for Sheila today.  I made this mini album to celebrate Mom's for Mother's Day.

I started out with a chipboard album from Michaels.  One side of each page is covered with burlap. I flipped every other page so I had two sets of burlap pages together, and two paper-covered chipboard pages together (plus the covers).

I grabbed the phrase "Home is where your Mom Is" from the Silhouette Store and cut it out in pink and light green.  I made an offset shadow and cut that out in hot pink cardstock.  I layered some 3D flowers from the cricut cartridge CTMH Art Philosophy with some recollections flowers and butterflies from Silhouette Store.

I tied ribbon from my stash to the rings.


I wanted to keep the inside plain.  I painted hot pink paint to all of the page edges.  I inked some cardstock squares (for photos) and added a butterfly and crocheted flower to these pages.


The next set of pages were covered in fun papers and hot pink photo mats.  Again I used a paper butterfly and crocheted flower to accessorize.


I like to make a pocket in each of my albums, usually towards the beginning or the end.  I added "Mother" from the Silhouette Store.  The pink photo mat on the opposite page has another butterfly and crocheted flower.


Here is the back.


I love making mini albums to give as gifts.  I have a special mom in mind for this one :)

Sheila - thanks for having me over!!

You can see more of my work on my BLOG!!

6 comments:

Nana said...

Beautiful mini Lori.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Charlotte C said...

Beautiful album. Whoever receives it will be thrilled.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori this is a beautiful album and the mom that gets this will be thrilled with it1 Thanks for sharing with us today!

Karon said...

So pretty - love the papers and those fabulous flowers! TFS

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Very lovely!!

Dk said...

Lori, this is Beautiful!!! Love the color choices!