August 31, 2015

Bird Crazy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!  This is Christine from http://iamcocoasmom.blogspot.com/ sharing a fun Halloween card - just a tad early!  I was NOT going to jump on the band wagon and buy the Tim Holtz crazy birds even though I think they're fabulous!  Nope.  Don't need them.  Haven't even made one card from the blueprint stamps that I HAD to have. (In my defense, I have practiced water-coloring a few of them  Not a pretty sight!) Then, sigh, Mr. H. introduced the accessory stamps and dies and I pushed the 'Buy' button.


Here's my card:-


If you haven't tried a cascading card before, go here for easy peasy directions from Flowerbug.  The trick is to use a nice heavy 'designer' double sided paper AFTER you have practiced with some old, ugly card stock. 

This was a lovely project to work on a little at a time while it was my turn to watch the puppy. (Just to make sure she was not chewing on her stitches.)  I used my Spectrum Aqua watercolors and a small paint brush to pick up the color from an acrylic block.  I love the vampire owl with his fangs and the HP bird with his wand which is really the paint brush stamp with the brush end cut off!  The sweet little bunny bird's tail is the fluffy ball from the end of the Santa hat stamp.

The sentiments were written with my Explore and say "Trick or Tweet!"  "Happy 'Owl'oween!" and  "Flying by with a witchy "Hi!"  Such a fun, fun card to make.


Thanks for inviting me to share my project today, Sheila.  Now, I'd better go watercolor some more birds and check on that puppy!  : ) Christine








4 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Love, love, love the Crazy Birds. They're on my birthday wish list and it's horrible having to wait till Sept 25th! Ugh. Not to be an enabler, but have you see the accessories (hats, etc.) that will be coming out for these birds, if they're not already out? They're designed by Kristina Werner. Oh, your cascade card is fabulous.

Charlotte C said...

lol - Just realized you used the accessories kit on your project. Where was I looking?

Boopster said...

Adorable! Your watercoloring is great. Very good job.

Joan Smith said...

OMG Your card is Wicked Awesome!!! When I saw Your Crazy Birds I fell in love with the way you created them!! You sure did a Fabulous coloring job! You totally did a Spooktacular job with your whole card creation!! I am a huge Crazy Bird Fan and love what you created with them and their Crazy Things accessories. Your card is such a fun fold one..I've never seen this before but YES I am going to give it a try. Thanks girl for sharing. YOU so ROCK!!