February 21, 2014

An altered Valentine's Day mail box

















Hi Everyone,

Lisa from Lisa's Craft Room here with my project for the month. I know Valentines' Day is over but I wanted to share with you what I made for my mother and sister. I purchased 3 cute metal mail boxes at Target for $1.00 each. I bought 2 pink ones and 1 red one. I still have to decorate the red one for myself.

This is it before decorating it.
















I took decorative paper and adhered it to the base. The size of that is 4" x 12". For the covers, I just traced them on the paper and cut them out and adhered them. Then just used ribbons and some embellishments, a purple glittery self adhesive heart, some lace and gems, some tulle and brads. I think they came out really cute and my mother and sister loved them.














To have something to put inside of the mail boxes, I thought of dye cutting small envelopes with little notes in each one, but then decided to just make little bags. I put Valentine's Day Hershey kisses in each bag, stapled them closed and added a paper bow which is a die from Emma. I added a pearl in the middle of each one.

So that is my project for this month. Thank you Sheila for having me and Thank you all for stopping by.



5 comments:

Sonya said...

Those are amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous mailboxes!!! They look fun to decorate!! Wish I had girls sometimes :)

Unknown said...

Those mailboxes turned out so beautifully. A great project for grandchildren to do, too. :-)

Karon said...

These are wonderful Lisa! TFS

Boopster said...

Beautiful. Thanks for your ideas.