March 17, 2014

Silhouette Double Lever Card




Hi everyone.  Thank you, Sheila, for inviting me here again.  This is Charlotte C and I am delighted to share a card with you that I created with my Cameo using a Lori Whitlock design from the Silhouette Store.  The original card was designed as a Christmas card, but because it has four panels, the word “LOVE” jumped out at me when I saw it and thought it would be great for Valentine’s Day.  

I used glitter and foil kraft card stock for two of the cards, reversing the rear of the pattern so that the fancy side was always visible, and I also switched out the designs front and back.  The letters were cut from Rhinestone Resin Self Adhesive Sticker Sheets from The Buckle Boutique.  True confession:  I had a heck of a time getting the sheet to feed into the Cameo because I’m so new at using that machine, I suppose.  And since I only had one red and one blue sheet and couldn’t waste any, I ultimately cut the letters in card stock, stuck them on the sticker sheets and used my scissors and/or Xacto knife – easy peasy to cut.  The matching red hearts were cut with a product from years ago – a Sizzix paddle punch (anyone remember those?)  I swear I keep things forever.  The other hearts as well as the mats for the letters I cut with my Cricut.




My blue card – another small problem.  I ordered what I thought matched the card stock I was using.  Well, it didn’t.  But because this product is actually gel rhinestones I was able to color it to match using an alcohol marker from CTMH.  I was a happy camper.




Thanks for stopping by today.   Happy St. Patrick’s Day.  We had a corned beef and cabbage dinner party Saturday and we’re not even Irish!





6 comments:

Karon said...

WOW Charlotte, love these cards, How fabulous they are and love that bling! TFS

Boopster said...

Your cards turned out beautifully. Great example of "making do" to use the marker and change the color.

Charlotte C said...

Thank you both. I'm excited that The Buckle Boutique blog is featuring a link to my project.

Unknown said...

Charlotte your cards are so sparkly and beautiful!!!

Dk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dk said...

I love this!!! I want to get up the nerve to try it too, one day! BTW, you know I L-O-V-E the bling!!!