April 17, 2014

Bumblebee - 12X12 Scrapbook Layout With Altered Flowers Using Gelato's

Hi Fellow Crafters!

It's been a very busy and eventful 2014 so far so I am pretty far behind in my Scrapbooking.  I want to thank Sheila for having me here on her blog. Today I am sharing a 12X12 layout of our grand daughter on this past Halloween.  She is the most adorable Bumblebee ever.  I love this age and her sweet innocence and a wee bit of attitude sometimes.  She make us smile, laugh, and keeps us on the move when she and her big brother are here at our house.





Don't sweat layouts, this 12X12 page is super simple and ever so easy to make using Close To My Hearts Artbooking and Art Philosophy cartridges.  My font came from my PC and I used my Silhouette to weld and cut it.

I started out with this adorable photo I captured Halloween night at our church festival.  I printed it out as a 5X7 and matted it on some black card stock.  I added this little heart (bling) that I picked up at a scrapbook convention last summer.

I cut my honeycomb overlay to use as my backdrop on the bright yellow card stock from the Artbooking Cricut cartridge at 11 inches from some basic black cardstock.  I adore this Artbooking cartridge simply for the overlays! It has a wealth of other items on it too, so be sure to check it out if you do not own it yet.


These great little flowers were cut from Close To My Heart Art Phlosophy Cricut cartridge at 1.5 inches from a glossy textured card stock. They are so easy to alter and add bling to using Faber Castell Gelato's. I do love these gelato's because they are easy to travel with and you can use a water pen.  Michael's sells these by the way and I was able to use my coupon.


I added a little Gelato in yellow to the outside edges of my flowers and then barely wet my paint brush and moved the watercolor paint around the edge of each petal.


I inked the edges of each petal using my favorite chalk ink. A little liquid glue in the center and then add your bling.  I am using some glass glitter from Stampin Up that I've had a few years, so I am not sure its still available. So easy to make and so CUTE! I adhered them to my layout with several glue dots after allowing them to dry overnight.


I wanted to pick up on the orange color of the title and its also in my grandsons Optimus Prime costume so I made two more flowers using yellow and orange gelato's and on one of them I added the white gelato to make it a little more distressed. I like how they both turned out.


These two flowers need some bling too, so I went looking for some micro beads in my closet and added them using the same glue and allowing them to dry overnight. I love being able to use up some of my stash.


I printed this photo of my son and his sweet family from Halloween night. It's rare that I get them all together and have my camera ready so I was happy, happy, happy to get this picture!

I added my thoughts around the edge of my overlay using a fine tip black marker and this layout was complete! With the right tools, a little basic paper, and some inexpensive bling you can have your pictures scrapped for future generations to enjoy for a very long time.


Thanks for coming by today and have a great Easter and time with your family and friends! Don't forget the camera and some extra batteries too!  See you next month!

Blessings,
Donna Lee

6 comments:

Boopster said...

Great layout. Thanks for all the tips AND for including where you bought the pens!

The Cropping Canuck said...

Bee-youtiful layout!

Karon said...

Fabulous LO and love the background. Wonderful flowers too! TFS

Charlotte C said...

Adorable. Love the idea of your journaling around the page. TFS

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout!!! I love your handmade flowers!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow this is a wonderful page! Love the colors, flowers and the detail. Thanks for sharing.