April 17, 2015

How to do 3 step stamping




















Hi Everyone,

Lisa from Lisa's Craft Room here to show you my project for this month. I decided that I haven't been good at posting pictures of the process of my projects, so I figured that I would show you how I do my 3 step stamping. I'm sure most of you know how to do it, but, I just wanted to show how I do it.

I used The Sweet Life stamp set from Paper Trey Ink. The roses are gorgeous, they have dies so that you can cut them out using a cuttlebug or a Big Shot, but I decided that I would just stamp. Another stamp set I used is Butterfly Basics from Stampin' Up. I used the background stamp to cover the base of the card to give it texture. I used Lavender Lace for that. The sentiment, the butterfly and the fern are also from Butterfly Basics. I stamped the butterfly twice with Soft Suede. The first one was stamped on the card, then the second one was cut out and adhered to the stamped image. I folded the wings up a little to give it dimension. I just inked the top of the fern with Pear Pizzazz to stamp it at the bottom.

The inks I used for the rose are Lavender Lace, Perfect Plum and Blackberry Bliss all from Stampin' Up. The trick is to use 3 of the same color family, light, medium, dark. Or you could use the darkest ink and stamp off between layers.















Here are the three stamps.















The first step, I used the lightest color, Lavender Lace for the base stamp.















The second step, the medium color, Perfect Plum was used. Now the rose comes to life.















The third and final step, I used the darkest color, Blackberry Bliss.




























Isn't it pretty? For the leaves, it's two steps, the first color, I used Pear Pizzazz, which is green ,and for the layer, I used Soft Suede, which is brown.

















That's my project :) I hope you find it useful if you are new to three step stamping. Thanks Sheila for having me and I hope you give this a try.

4 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Very pretty, Lisa. Love multi-step stamping, that's why I got the MISTI. But you did it so well.

Grace Baxter said...

Very pretty effect!

Cocoa's Mom said...

That IS pretty! Love the dimension the 3 steps give the stamped image. TFS

Boopster said...

Nicely done. Thanks for showing all the steps.