October 4, 2012

A CLIPBOARD NOTE HOLDER MAGNET

Hello, everyone!  Hope all's well with everyone!  This is Audrey with another project to share with you this month.  As always, thank you Sheila for having me.

Currently I'm going through a pretty rough time with my kitchen remodel and didn't have time to prepare a tutorial project today, so I'll be sharing a really quick and easy project with a brief explanation of what I did.  I think you'll find it simple enough to copy should you choose to do so.

My project is a clipboard note-holder and magnet (sorry the pictures didn't turn out as clear as I would have liked):

 
The colored cardstock in the middle of the board is an example of a note clipped to the board and in this picture below shows the "note" removed from the clip clearly revealing a notes pad attached (I think I'm going to add a matching pen and present it as a gift set):
 
 
This next picture shows the back of the board where the back of the clip and magnet are attached:
 
 
My clipboard began from a set of discarded cardboard coasters shown below and a large paper clip :
 
 
What I did was painted the board with a cream color acrylic paint, sprayed it with a clear gloss, glued lace around the edges, attached the clip with E6000 glue, and embellished with gold bling ribbon, flowers edged with gold Stickles, and topped it off with a cream bow at the bottom -- SIMPLE!  This will be a quick gift when an occassion arises for one.
 
As always, thanks for stopping by, love you all and...
 
I'll see you next month!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Very pretty project, love the elegance :)

Migdalia said...

Very beautiful!!TFS
Awesome job!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

So pretty, Audrey and great to use something we would otherwise discard. TFS

papillon digital design said...

So pretty and elegant. Love all the lace. Tfs

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Audrey this is a WONDERFUL project and soooo cute. Love the detail and that soft creamy color is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Java Jen's Creations said...

So much "beautifulness" packed into such a little package! :-) I love every gorgeous detail!