October 1, 2012

Halloween Dangler




Happy October!!!  I am super excited to be here at She's A Sassy Lady today!!  This is Lori from ScrappinMyStressAway and I have this fun 3D Halloween card to share with you.  I saw a birthday card that was similar to this and just had to figure out how to create it!!  Since Halloween is my favorite holiday (not to mention today is October 1st) I just had to Halloween-ify it!



I started with a rectangle with a rectangle window from Gypsy Wandering.  I put two on my mat sized to 5.5 inches.  I welded them together.

  I copied and pasted another set on my mat because I needed three of these pieces to make my card.


I used some K and Company Halloween paper to cut the cards out.



I scored each card at 3.5 inches and creased the fold.



This is a view from the top of the three card pieces scored and folded.



I cut out these phrases from Happy Hauntings in black cardstock.



I adhered one phrase on each side of the card at the bottom.










From the Pumpkin Carving cartridge, I cut out two each of the witch, bats and haunted house out of lime green, purple and black cardstock.



I adhered the pieces together with twine in between.  I used stickles to create eyes for the bats and to color the moon.

I adhered the cards together one side at a time.







This card can also be used as a center piece!

I hope you have a wonderfully spooky Halloween month!!

17 comments:

SherriB said...

Love this card! So darn cute. :)

Linda said...

Wow I love this. I so different! Thanks for the instructions.

Linda ☺
http://www.craftingwithnana.blogspot.com

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Great idea! Love your card and so festive. Thanks for the great tuturial.

~Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com/

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori, this card is awesome! Love the detail.... so different. And I like that it is 3D. Great tutorial, so easy to follow. Thanks for sharing today!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Lori - this is such an awesome card. Fabulous tutorial and can picture this as a great idea for Christmas cards too. TFS

Jayne said...

Amazing card Lori and great tutorial.TFS.
Jayne x

Marita said...

I love this creation♥. Thanks for sharing:)

Hugs, Marita

Candy said...

Awesome cardd! Thanks for the tutorial!
Candy

Created by Kathi said...

Love this card as a halloween centerpiece or decoration to the one we send it to! Thanks for sharing how you did it! Great tutorial :) Kathi

Brenda said...

Wow how cool is this card Lori! Thanks for teaching us how to make it!! I love the fabulous papers and die cuts that you used!

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, what a fun card, unique in design and just a great Halloween card!

Charlotte said...

Oh, I just love this and will have to do it !!!
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Awesome job Lori, love it. Hope your hand is better. Congratulations on winning prizes. I saw your name chosen on Cardz TV with Mary ;)

Lisa said...

Awesome card Lori, love it. Hope your hand is better. Congratulations on winning on Cardz TV with Mary ;)

Charlotte C said...

Terrific idea - terrific card. Can't wait to scraplift this one!

Migdalia said...

This is Amazing!!you did a Fabulous job on this card!TFS

papillon digital design said...

So cute. Love the way you have made it stand. Have to so scraplift this. TFS