May 2, 2013

A Card For My "Sister-Cuz"

Hello, everyone!  It's Audrey and I'm as glad as I always am to be here today sharing with you!  Considering our hostess, I'm certain we are all thinking of, and sending love and prayers to our Sheila and her family during their time of loss.

Due to my schedule, I was unable to prepare a tutorial for you this month; however, I am going to share a quick card I made for my cousin for her birthday last week.  I made the card in Silhouette studio by welding together 3 doilies to 3 card panels:



The reason the images show "sisters"  and "cousins" is because my cousin and I are very close and friends/family call us sister-cousins, and we refer to each other as "sister-cuz".  The images on the card (which I found on the internet) are a print and cut.  These images just caught my attention immediately for this card. I didn't think to take a picture of the card closed until just now but if I had the closed card appears as though we're holding hands.

I know this is an unusually short post for me and as I have some new materials to play with (maybe even new to you) I hope to have time to play and create a craft project/tutorial for you soon.  I also look forward to being able to get back to catching up seeing your projects I've missed.  However, although I am well, family matters are unfortunately consuming my time again right now.  Of course I have faith things will get better sooner than later.

In the meantime, I'm sorry I have to run but I do hope you like my card.

I'll see you next month -- God willing!  And thank you for stopping by!

Hugs

6 comments:

Life and Knits said...

Love, love, love this!!! Beautiful!! Great images!!

Susie

Myrna said...

Audrey
What a gorgeous card and it is so nice to have a close relationship with someone.
Myrna

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Audrey your card is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Karon said...

Great card, love those images and fabulous colours. TFS

Michelle said...

I would love to know you found those beautiful girls from on your card?

Dk said...

Audrey, this card is fabulous!!!