July 17, 2014

Simple Greeting Card Using Gelli Prints and Die Cuts

Hello Crafters! 

Thanks Sheila for allowing me to post here today. Hope everyone is having a great summer and able to spend time with family and friends. During the summer months we are keeping it simple as it's a busy time of year for most of us.  I wanted to make a few cards using some die cuts that I really like and some of my favorite embossing folders.  

My card is an A2 size. To get that size, I took an 8.5X11 piece of whisper white card stock and cut it in half.  After scoring it and folding it in half I cut a 1/4 inch off the front right front edge. I added a piece of double sided paper that was cut at 4.25X5.5 inches that I used a border punch from my stash to give it some delicate detail. It's adhered to inside of the front of my card.




Next I cut a piece of white card stock to 4X5.25 inches and embossed it with my Swiss Dots embossing folder. 




I mounted it using foam squares to give it some extra dimension. I love the look.



Ii am learning to make gelli prints using my Gelli Plate and this project is a great way to use some of my favorite prints.  Here are some of the gelli prints I have in my stash.



It's easy to use these prints in your favorite die cutting machine or with your Cricut or Silohouette. 




I love Irises! This is one of my favorite images and I love the way it turned out using one of my first  gelli prints! Next I had to cut my sentiment so off I went to my Silohouette and cut it from the gelli print. I used a font that is on my computer. You can use your Cricut or a die cut that you have.




I used the weld feature to weld my I to the H. 





It cut perfectly from the gelli print. I do make sure to adjust my blade setting with each cut as that helps to avoid wasting paper. Next we are ready to assemble.




My two way glue pen came in handy for the delicate cuts and my silhouette tool was key in getting the sentiment off the mat.





I love the pop of the color on these gelli prints cuts and the Swiss dots embossing is a favorite look of mine.

I hope you enjoyed this simple and elegant card that is great for most occasions. Thanks for coming by She's A Sassy Lady today!



Happy crafting peeps! I'll see you next month.

Donna Lee 

4 comments:

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is a beautiful card!! So lovely! Thanks for sharing!!

Charlotte C said...

I had to run check out YouTube for Gelli plates because I never heard of it. So impressive and lovely. TFS your beautiful cards.

Dianne said...

I like the jelli prints a lot. Where do you get them? Beautiful card, though.

Dianne Bell - Sewpro02@aol.com

Dianne said...

If anyone is interested I found the Gelli tutorial on Google. Just type in Google.com and in the empty box type in Gelli prints and I had to type it in twice, but the tutorial popped up Hope this works for you..