June 5, 2015

Congratulations Wedding Shaker/Easel Card

Hello Sassy People!

June is filled with weddings and graduations! With that said, I am excited to share today's project with you!

My mom asked me to make a wedding card for her bosses’ daughter. Talk about pressure! I wanted to make a “pretty” card, something the couple can cherish, but also something interactive. Hmmmm what to do? I had a lot of designs in my head but none of the felt right. Plus I did not have a color scheme to go with. I went with white with silver accents. 

Shaker cards are all the rave right now! What else are we going to do with all of those sequins? I also wanted to play with my new Anna Griffin Minc (a review is coming soon). I decided to do a shaker easel card. It is something interactive but can sit nicely on the mantel. 

For this A2 sized card, I used the Cricut and Design Space. While the heart, rings and “congratulations” were cutting on the machine using the ink toner sheet included with the Minc, I embossed the mat with a Cuttlebug folder and cut out a circle frame. I used one of the backgrounds which also came in the Minc bundle. This was the first time I used it. Again, a review is coming! Anywho, all of the elements were cut out and I assembled the card. The Anna Griffin background adds the silver foil element I wanted and it is also the backing for the sequins (iridescent and silver) in the shaker portion of the card. I also foiled the sentiment and the rings. The heart is mounted on recycled packaging I had. I threaded the rings with the shear ribbon and added faux pearls to the heart. 

In the inside, I stamped a wedding poem. To help the easel stay propped up,  I stamped a ring and popped it up with a pop dot. That’s it!

I hope you enjoyed today’s project! Remember to stay sassy! Thanks for stopping by, Kenya~

Supplies:

Paper Trey Ink- White Cardstock
American Craft (Anna Griffin) Foil-Silver
Shear Ribbon
Viva Decor Pen-White
Paper Studio-Sequins (Silver & Iridescent)
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder-Hearts
Stamps- Cloud 9-Wedding Simple Thoughts Stamp & K I Memories Just Married #2130
Momento Black Ink

Tools/Dies:
Cricut Explore
Cricut Design Space-Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art, Life’s A Party, & Wedding
Anna Griffin Minc
Spellbinders-Classic Circle Dies

Fiskars Fuse

4 comments:

Boopster said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for demonstrating the foil technique. It looks like an excitingly easy way to add a new dimension to card making!

Krafthead said...

Thank you Boopster for your lovely comment! Enjoy your weekend~

Charlotte C said...

Beautiful card.

Grace Baxter said...

Such a pretty card. I'm looking forward to learning more about how you made it!