January 7, 2013

Good Times in 2013 Jar




Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway.  I am excited to be back today at She's A Sassy Lady.  I was a day off and posted last Tuesday (because I thought it was the first Monday of the month).  Lucky for me, Sheila did not have anything else scheduled so we left it posted.

  I don't know about you, but 2012 was a rough year.  At the end of the year, I had a hard time remembering the good things that happened (and there were some great things) because the bad things seemed really bad.

My uncle passed away, my college-aged son had ACL surgery, my mother-in-law had rotator cuff surgery, my husband had kidney surgery, and I broke my right wrist were the big things.

Please - I don't need sympathy - that is not the point.  The point is I want to remember the GOOD things that happen at the end of each year instead of dwelling on the bad things.

I saw one of these jars on facebook and had to create one for 2013!


I took a Mason Jar that was left over from my cousin's wedding (good thing in 2012) that I got to co-host the shower and make decorations (great thing in 2012).

I wrapped some butterfly scrapbook paper around the jar.  I cut the paper to 2 x 12 inches.  I tied some white crinkle ribbon around the top and added some butterfly charms and a charm that says "inspire" because I was inspired to focus on the positive.

I used my Sizzix butterfly emboss and cut die that I got from Stampin' Up to cut out a page from an old book.


I used this image from Lacy Labels sized to 2.65 inches.  I cut it out of purple cardstock.



I inked one of the butterflies green and used a mini glue dot to adhere it to my label shape.



I used Hello Kitty Font sized to .65 inches (.53 inches for "in") for my title.  I cut them out of black cardstock.  My cricut was being naughty and did not cut out all of my letters, so I ditched the letters and kept the numbers.



I wrote "Good Times in" and added a purple gem to the butterfly.



Every time something good happens in 2013, I am going to write it down on a slip of paper and put it in the jar.  On New Year's Eve this year, I am going to read them all!!!

I am really trying to focus on the positive in 2013 and my One Word is SMILE.  When I smile, everything seems better :)

I hope you have a wonderful 2013!!!  I plan on it!!

Post a Comment