October 27, 2015

One Sheet Mini Flip Book

Hello Sassy People!!

Kenya here to share a quick and simple project with you! Thanks Sheila for allowing me to share my creations today~

Do you have a lot of pattern papers laying around and you want to use them up? Are you limited on time? Need a few ideas for the upcoming holiday season? Then this idea is for you! I revisited a project I did for a teacher years ago. It is simple to put together and you can use what you have in your stash. This mini brag book or mini album can be used for almost anything you want it to be and you can decorate the outside as much as you would like as well! This particular project will be used as a memory book for a new baby. 

  1. Take one sheet of 12x12 cardstock (any color) *use thick and sturdy (Bazzill, Stampin’ Up, etc) 
  2. Cut the cardstock at the 6.25” mark. This will be your cover and the 5.75” will be the inside pages 
  3. The larger portion, score ate 3”, 3.25”, 8” and 8.25” (or score where you want! depending on how you want your book to close)
  4. The inside pages, score at .25”, 4.25”, and 8.5” and fold accordion style. 
  5. Assemble the book! Add adhesive to the .25" and place nudged to the second score line on the cover. This will allow the photos to be accessed on the front and back of the pages. 
  6. Cover the pages and decorate as you wish! I used the Nana Kids and Sweet Stack by DCWV (VERY old collections I had in my stash) 
  7. I used the Art Philosophy (photo corners), Nursery Tails (baby info-Imagine cartridge), and Nursery Rhymes (back cover) Cricut cartridges. 
  8. “Beautiful Journey” was cut with the Sizzix thinlits dies (I believe it is named Explore)
  9. I wanted to keep this simple so I just added a Martha Stewart punched butterfly from left over pp I had to the front and back of the book)




That’s it!! This would be easy to make for teachers as gifts or even a fun craft to do with the kiddos on a cold or rainy day. I plan to do this with mine to document their summer! It can hold a lot of photos too!


I hope you enjoyed today’s project! Don’t forget to stop by and visit us often…so much talent and so many ideas shared. Until next time, Kenya~

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I need to give this a try. I have so many single sheets from a stack and still have the scraps that match that would be perfect for this. Thank you for sharing today.

Krafthead said...

Thanks Sheila for letting me share! I can't wait to see what you create~

Boopster said...

Great idea for a quick photo book. Thanks!

Charlotte C said...

Cute idea, and I have lots of single 12 x 12 card stock.