December 21, 2015

Halloween to Christmas


                Can anyone tell me what happened to 2015?  I can’t believe it’s nearly over and Christmas is just a few days away.  This is Charlotte C coming by with a very quick post.  Thank you, Sheila, for inviting me here again.
                I just wanted to share with you a transformation of a Halloween lantern I got from Dreaming Tree that has been transformed into a Christmas decoration.  If you’re not familiar with Dreaming Tree, it is a relatively new site for SVG's and PDF’s and freebies; I hope you get a moment to check out their amazing projects.
                I won’t bore you with the how-to on this project because the assembly tutorial is available on the site, but the original lantern looks like this.  And it is quite easy to put together, even though it looks daunting.


                All the pieces, including the PDF to print out the windows on vellum, are included with the kit.  However, what they did offer was a free PDF of Christmas inserts for the windows, so with a change in color of the frame, a little inking, I made this.


I took this picture with daylight coming through so you could see how nice the inserts look “illuminated,” but you can put a battery-operated tea light inside either through an opening left on one of the panels or by just separating the top from the bottom.  Right now I’m not thinking of doing that.  And it can be hung – a way to do that is provided also. 
                I’d like to wish everyone a blessed holiday, Merry Christmas, and good health and much happiness in the New Year.  See you next year!



 

3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Thank you with sharing with us Charlotte. I really liked your post today.... like the Christmas one the best as that is my favorite time of year. Have a blessed day.

Grace Baxter said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing, Sheila. Have a wonderful Christmas and blessed New Year!

Krafthead said...

Very pretty!